Watermelon Margaritas are made with fresh watermelon juice – perfect for this time of year when watermelons are at their peak!
I told you last week – I am on a margarita kick this summer! So far I’ve made Frozen Mango Margaritas, Strawberry Frose Margaritas, and Grilled Pineapple Margaritas. Dang, that’s a lot of kick ass margarita recipes! And I have ANOTHER amazing one for you – Watermelon Margaritas!
I love devouring watermelons in the summer months when they are bursting with flavor and so dang juicy. My kids make a mess eating them, but the joy they get eating it is completely worth it. Plus, now that I’ve been using my melon baller to prep the watermelon, it’s so much easier to do!
Sometimes, however, we just cannot get through an entire watermelon before it goes bad. What’s a girl to do? Make Watermelon Margaritas, of course!
What is in Watermelon Margaritas?
Watermelon Margaritas are made with very simple ingredients – fresh watermelon juice, tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice, and agave nectar. That’s it! The thing that I’ve been loving about margaritas is just how simple they are to make.
How To Make Watermelon Juice
Watermelon juice is made in your blender. If you want to make this process as simple as possible, I highly recommend buying seedless watermelon. It’ll save you a ton of time from having to pick out the seeds because you really don’t want to put seeds through your blender.
To make watermelon juice, you simply put cubed watermelon in the blender, puree, and strain. I have a super fine mesh strainer to strain it out. One with bigger holes in it won’t work very well! You can definitely make the watermelon juice ahead of time. In fact, it’s probably best to do it that way, so you can refrigerate it and get it nice and cold before making the margaritas. If you don’t, though, it’s not a huge deal, as you’ll be shaking all of the ingredients together in a shaker with ice.
These Watermelon Margaritas are definitely best enjoyed on a backyard patio while enjoying a beautiful summer night. I can definitely testify for that!
Watermelon MargaritasPrint Pin Rate
- 5 cups cubed watermelon preferably seedless
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 2-4 tablespoons agave nectar depending on your preference of sweetness
- Slices of lime for serving
- Place watermelon in a blender and puree.
- Strain out the watermelon juice in a fine mesh strainer by placing a strainer over a bowl to catch the watermelon juice.
- In a pitcher, combine the watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, Grand Marnier, and agave. Add 2 tablespoons of agave and add more accordingly.
- Stir in ice, and stir well to combine.
- Divide evenly among 4 salt (or sugar) rimmed margarita glasses.
- Serve with a slice of lime.