Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowls with Avocado Cream Sauce are healthy, filling, and perfect to meal prep ahead of time!
This post is sponsored by GO VEGGIE as part of a long-term partnership. All opinions are my own. Thank you for allowing me to share with you the brands that I love!
Woah – two burrito bowls in one week?! I guess I’m on some sort of a bowl kick, and specifically a burrito bowl kick. You can probably blame it on the fact that we haven’t been to Chipotle. We used to be frequent Chipotle customers when we lived right down the street from one. Since we moved over 3 years ago, I think we’ve only been to a Chipotle once or twice. So sad!
Pretty Easy and Delicious
While nothing can really replicate the deliciousness that is a Chipotle burrito (those tortillas are so dang good!) I think a burrito bowl is pretty easy to make on your own. And delicious!
I already have a traditonal Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe on my blog, along with a Barbacoa Beef Burrito Bowl, so I wanted to do one that’s a little different than what you’d get from Chipotle. These Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowls are just that.
Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowls with Avocado Cream Sauce
These burrito bowls have oven roasted sweet potatoes, onions, and peppers, along with black beans and corn, atop a bed of quinoa. To top it all off, I made a tasty avocado cream sauce to drizzle on top.
For the avocado cream sauce, I used GO VEGGIE® Plain Cream Cheese, which makes these burrito bowls completely vegan and dairy free. GO VEGGIE® Cream Cheese is also lower in saturated fat, calories, and cholesterol than regular cream cheese. Of course, if you’re not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular cream cheese or even plain Greek yogurt instead!
These burrito bowls were a hit with all of us – especially Lars! He kept asking for “more sauce!” and I can’t blame him – that was one of my favorite parts too!
Just like the Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls, these are great for meal prep as well. You can chop all of the veggies ahead of time, or even cook them ahead of time, and just assemble and heat up when you’re ready to eat! You can also prep the avocado sauce ahead of time. It will probably brown a little bit because of the avocado, but it will still taste delicious!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or the image below to pin this Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowls with Avocado Cream Sauce recipe for later!
- 1 ½ cups quinoa dry
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper de-seeded, stem removed and sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn cooked (I heated mine in the microwave)
- 1 avocado diced
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 4 ounces GO VEGGIE plain cream cheese you could also use regular cream cheese or plain Greek yogurt for non-vegan, non-dairy-free version
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1 large or 2 small limes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine quinoa and 3 cups of water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until all of the water is absorbed and the quinoa is sprouted.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veggies.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with foil. The foil is technically optional, but makes clean-up way easier.
- Cut the sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, and onion.
- Toss with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and salt.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until veggies are cooked.
- While the veggies are cooking, you can make the avocado cream sauce.
- Place all of the ingredients listed for the avocado cream sauce in a small food processor and blend until creamy.
- Assemble your burrito bowls by placing approximately ½-¾ cup quinoa in bottom of bowl. Top with black beans, corn, sweet potatoes, peppers, onion, avocado, and drizzle with avocado cream sauce.