Turkey Black Bean Enchilada Skillet is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that is full of pantry items and will please your whole family!
I don’t think there’s anyone who wouldn’t benefit from a quick and easy dinner recipe, especially one full of pantry items. We’re all tired by the end of the day, and just want something that’s tasty and healthy to serve our family!
This Turkey Black Bean Enchilada Skillet is the solution to all of those nights when you think “what the heck am I going to make tonight?!” Not only does it come together super quickly, but it is truly a family pleaser.
How to Make Turkey Enchilada Skillet
This recipe starts with cooking red onion and ground turkey. More of a beef person? Use ground beef instead. Looking for a way to make this enchilada skillet even faster? Swap out the ground turkey for rotisserie chicken! It’s equally delicious and on your plate 10 minutes sooner. This recipe is very adaptable.
After the onion and meat are cooked, the rest of it comes together in a snap. The spices are added, along with diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, and tortillas. The entire skillet is simmered for a few minutes, and then you add cheese. I just mixed the cheese right in but if you’re cooking the meal in an oven-proof skillet, you can certainly broil the cheese on top!
I highly recommend topping this enchilada skillet with diced green onions and sour cream/plain Greek yogurt. Other ideas are diced avocado, cilantro, salsa, and hot sauce.
Like I mentioned, this dish was a big hit with the family and since it was so easy, I will surely be making it again and again!
Like this recipe? Check these out too!
Turkey Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 20 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn frozen or canned
- 8 corn tortillas cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions and sour cream/plain Greek yogurt for topping
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, and tortillas, and mix well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a light simmer, sprinkle with cheese, stir, and cook for another 5 minutes, until tortillas are softened and cheese is melted.*
- Serve topped with green onions and sour cream/Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
- *Note: if you cook this in an oven-proof skillet, you can also broil the cheese on top.