Triple Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – rich and indulgent brownie-like cookies with chocolate ganache sandwiched in between – you will absolutely love these!
Well hey there. Back for more Valentine’s Da treats, I see. I promised another Valentine’s Day dessert today and this one will definitely not disappoint. It has chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. Bring. It. On.
Triple Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
I figured I owed you a solid chocolate recipe since I’ve been lacking in the chocolate recipe department lately. I’m 100% certain these cookies will make up for it. They start with a rich and almost brownie-like chocolate cookie, which I made smaller than a typical cookie since they are sandwich cookies, and are made with two kinds of chocolate: semisweet chocolate and cocoa powder. And THENNNNN I get all dark chocolate on you with the chocolate ganache filling. Like I said, there is no shortage of chocolate in these cookies.
Since I made these while Marc was out of town, I had to do everything I could to get rid of these cookies because they were just too dangerous to have in the house all by myself. As rich as they are, my chocolate love knows no limit, and sometimes I have a hard time saying no. So I dished some out to friends, invited a neighbor over to take some off my hands, and brought the rest to work. Luckily, I had zero problem finding people who were willing to indulge in a little (okay, a lot) chocolate.
I also stashed a couple in the freezer for those times emergencies when you just NEED chocolate…you know what I’m talking about. These really are the ultimate chocolate sandwich cookie. What more could you ask for this Valentine’s Day?
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or the image below to pin this Triple Chocolate Sandwich Cookies recipe for later!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
- Chocolate Kahlua Brownies with Kahlua Buttercream
- Brown Butter and Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Biscoff Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Chocolate Mint Whoopie Pies
- For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For the chocolate ganache filling:
- 4 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- To make the cookies:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until chocolate is all melted and smooth.
- Let it sit and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and granulated sugar, and stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate into large bowl, and stir until combined. I used my stand mixer for this, and the following steps, but you could use a spatula.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Finally, add the vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
- Chill dough for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Using small cookie scoop, shape dough into balls, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting:
- Add heavy cream to small pot over medium heat.
- Bring it to a simmer, then remove from heat and immediately add chocolate chips.
- Let it sit for 2 minutes, then stir until completely combined.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- To assemble:
- Place ~1 tablespoon of filling on one cookie, then top with another cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
And make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more healthy and delicious ideas!