Two grilling recipes in a row? Yes, it’s true! You just can’t keep this girl from her grill. No really. When you have a husband who works a lot at night, you teach yourself to use the grill.
Today I’m grilling turkey and making Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers! Did you know June is Turkey Lovers Month? How lucky is June? I mean, it gets National Donut Day (!!) and Turkey Lovers Month. What a lucky month.
Another fun fact: Minnesota is number one in turkey farming, with 450 turkey family farms! Check out the Minnesota Turkey site where you can meet Minnesota turkey farmers here.
Since I’m all about the grilling right now, I took my turkey to the grill with these Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers with Coconut Peanut Slaw. Now THAT is a mouthful.
While I love a good beef burger, I also love using turkey to keep things lighter. Just like my Chimichurri Turkey Burgers, these Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers did not disappoint!
I had to make these Thai peanut turkey burgers a couple of times to get the perfect consistency, as ground turkey is a “wetter” meat than ground beef. I found that adding breadcrumbs did the trick to keep them together and they were super flippable!
While I originally was just going to have the Coconut Peanut Sauce on top, at the last minute I decided to make a slaw to top it off as well. I’m so glad I did! Marc and I both loved the different textures between the turkey burgers, peanut sauce, and slaw.
Another reason I love this recipe is because it uses one batch of Coconut Peanut Sauce for 3 different purposes. I added a couple of tablespoons to the burger for some flavor, I tossed it with the coleslaw, and I put a dollop on top!
These were definitely a hit – I hope you love them!
Thai Peanut Turkey BurgersPrint Rate
For the Coconut Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut cream**
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic chile sauce like Sriracha
For the Slaw:
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
For the Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons coconut peanut sauce
- 2 green onions diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- **For the coconut cream: Put a can of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Open the can and measure 1/2 cup of the solidified white coconut cream at the top. Don't use the watery coconut milk or the sauce will be too thin.
To make the Coconut Peanut Sauce:
- Place all sauce ingredients in a food processor and process to smooth. Set aside.
To make the slaw:
- Combine coleslaw mix with 1/2 cup of the coconut peanut sauce and mix well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, coconut peanut sauce, green onions, and cilantro.
- Form into 4 burger patties.
- Grill each patty 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Place on a bun and top with slaw and a dollop of remaining coconut peanut sauce.
This post was sponsored by Minnesota Turkey, but all opinions are my own.