Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles are an easy and delicious way to jazz up Thai ramen noodles!
Last month I got a new menu board from my gal pals at Style + Dwell, and I am absolutely loving it. It is an acrylic board that comes with a dry-erase marker so you just write your menu up for the week and then wipe it away when it’s time to plan another week! So far I made the Thai Ramen I planned for Thursday on Monday, and something not even on the weekly menu on Tuesday. In my defense, I thought I had bought penne pasta for Tuesday’s dinner but I think I was distracted by two little boys and forgot to actually pick out a box.
And can you blame me for wanting to push these Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles up a few days? I couldn’t get this Thai ramen out of my head on Monday afternoon and decided the weekly menu must be rearranged!
I am SO glad I bumped them up because oh my are they good! I posted a photo of them on my Instagram story and had quite a few requests for the recipe. I hadn’t planned on posting the recipe this week but the people have spoken – so here we are!
Let’s just be clear – these are not traditional ramen noodles in any sense. They’re not classic ramen noodle bowls with clear broth and all the fixin’s and they’re not the college kind, either. While I actually did use the noodles that come in your typical college ramen noodle soup packet, I tossed the seasoning and made my own Thai peanut sauce.
How to Make Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles
So what we have for these Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles is a sauce made of coconut milk, peanut butter, sweet Thai chili sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce and um, hello? Do I even need to say more?! So. much. flavor! You could also add some Sriracha for a kick but I was trying to keep it toddler friendly.
You make the peanut sauce in a food processor, and ultimately combine it with sauteed onion, bell peppers, chicken, and the ramen noodles. Pro tip: this recipe is awesome for using rotisserie chicken.
The verdict? Everyone in my family LOVED this recipe for Thai ramen noodles. Even Lars (my sorta picky eater/typical three year old) gobbled them up and said “Mama these are DELICIOUS!”
Like this recipe? Check these out too!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded, stem removed and diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 3 ounce packages ramen noodles, seasoning discarded
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken approximately 2 medium chicken breasts
- Chopped cilantro diced green onion, and chopped peanuts, for topping
- In a small food processor combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse to combine until smooth.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling to cook the ramen noodles according to package instructions. They will likely only take a few minutes to cook, so while the water is coming to a boil, continue on making the rest of the sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add red bell pepper and onion, and cook for 5 minutes, until they are softened.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and cook another minute.
- Add the sauce from the food processor along with the coconut milk, stirring to combine.
- Add the cooked ramen noodles and chicken, stirring well to combine.
- Serve topped with cilantro, green onion, and chopped peanuts.