Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles are an easy and delicious way to jazz up ramen noodles!
Last month I got a new menu board from my gal pals at Style + Dwell, and I am absolutely loving it. It is an acrylic board that comes with a dry-erase marker so you just write your menu up for the week and then wipe it away when it’s time to plan another week!
That said, this week has been way off the books. I mean, board. So far I made the Thai Ramen I planned for Thursday on Monday, and something not even on the weekly menu on Tuesday. In my defense, I thought I had bought penne pasta for Tuesday’s dinner but I think I was distracted by two little boys and forgot to actually pick out a box.
And can you blame me for wanting to push these Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles up a few days? I couldn’t get this Thai ramen out of my head on Monday afternoon and decided the weekly menu must be rearranged!
I am SO glad I bumped them up because oh my are they good! I posted a photo of them on my Instagram story and had quite a few requests for the recipe. I hadn’t planned on posting the recipe this week but the people have spoken – so here we are!
Let’s just be clear – these are not traditional ramen noodles in any sense. They’re not classic ramen noodle bowls with clear broth and all the fixin’s and they’re not the college kind, either. While I actually did use the noodles that come in your typical college ramen noodle soup packet, I tossed the seasoning and made my own Thai peanut sauce.
How to Make Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles
So what we have for these Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen Noodles is a sauce made of coconut milk, peanut butter, sweet Thai chili sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce and um, hello? Do I even need to say more?! So. much. flavor! You could also add some Sriracha for a kick but I was trying to keep it toddler friendly.
You make the peanut sauce in a food processor, and ultimately combine it with sauteed onion, bell peppers, chicken, and the ramen noodles. Pro tip: this recipe is awesome for using rotisserie chicken.
The verdict? Everyone in my family LOVED this recipe for Thai ramen noodles. Even Lars (my sorta picky eater/typical three year old) gobbled them up and said “Mama these are DELICIOUS!”
Like this recipe? Check these out too!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded, stem removed and diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 3 ounce packages ramen noodles, seasoning discarded
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken approximately 2 medium chicken breasts
- Chopped cilantro diced green onion, and chopped peanuts, for topping
- In a small food processor combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse to combine until smooth.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling to cook the ramen noodles according to package instructions. They will likely only take a few minutes to cook, so while the water is coming to a boil, continue on making the rest of the sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add red bell pepper and onion, and cook for 5 minutes, until they are softened.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and cook another minute.
- Add the sauce from the food processor along with the coconut milk, stirring to combine.
- Add the cooked ramen noodles and chicken, stirring well to combine.
- Serve topped with cilantro, green onion, and chopped peanuts.