Skip the take out – Thai Peanut Chicken Noodles are the new quick and easy dinner!
There are days when I love spending time in the kitchen after I put Lars down to bed, leisurely chopping and sautéing over a glass of wine. Then there are the days when I’m exhausted from chasing after my little crawler, soothing his tears, and entertaining him, and just. want. dinner. NOW. And a glass of wine. Seriously, parenting is hard sometimes.
It’s the latter kind of day when a dish like Thai Peanut Chicken Noodles is a saving grace. Sure, there is some chopping and sautéing, but the sauce is made in the food processor (as in, super quick!) and it all comes together pretty fast.
Pro tip: If you want to make this an even quicker meal, pre-chop the veggies and make the peanut sauce a day in advance.
I could seriously eat these peanut noodles once a week – they are SO good! I love a good peanut sauce and this one definitely tops my list. This sauce is a combination of peanut butter, soy sauce, honey or agave, lime juice and chile garlic sauce, fresh ginger, and garlic. So much flavor going on!
That sauce, along with the slippery spaghetti noodles, the flavorful peppers, and topped with peanuts and cilantro – it’s all just irresistible.
Guess who else was a fan of this dish? Lars! I actually toned down the soy sauce this last time I made it so it was more baby-friendly (babies aren’t supposed to have much/any sodium!), along with using Agave and not honey since babies aren’t supposed to have honey, and he ate this multiple days in a row.
Most of the time he will tire of a dish after eating it a couple of times in a row, but he happily ate up leftovers of this for days. He loved the chicken, the cut up noodles, and even the bell peppers cut up into small pieces. I’m hoping my little guy continues to be such an adventurous eater!
- For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter smooth or crunchy is fine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce for sauce plus 2 tbsp for tofu
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons chili garlic sauce like Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave I used agave
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- For the pasta:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper sliced
- 2 medium carrots cut into matchstick pieces
- 3/4 cup frozen peas thawed
- 10 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles cooked
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped
- Combine all dressing ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add diced chicken and cook 8-10 minutes, until all chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and add bell pepper, carrots, and peas, cooking until peppers and carrots are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken and spaghetti to the skillet with the vegetables and toss with peanut sauce.
- Serve, then top with cilantro and peanuts.