Fire up the grill – these Shrimp Burrito Bowls with Creamy Cilantro Sauce need to be on your menu for this week!
It dawned on me a couple of days ago that I don’t think I’ve mentioned something pretty big on here. We’re moving!!!
I’ve talked about it quite a bit on Instagram and Instagram stories, and sometimes I feel like that’s the main social media outlet that lets me connect with my readers. Buuuuut obviously some of you don’t follow me on Instagram! (p.s. you should – click here to follow me!) So yeah. Pretty big and exciting news for us.
We aren’t moving far – just about 5 miles from our current house. We have absolutely loved living in the neighborhood we are in and adore the house that we have lived in the past four years. However, our family has grown and our house is just too tiny for us anymore. So we’re getting more space, a bigger backyard, and another great neighborhood. I can’t wait to show you guys once we move in!
While I don’t tend to get stressed out super easily, moving has definitely taken its toll on me. We kind of had an extra long period between buying our house and closing on it, at the sellers request, so it feels like it has been going on forever. We also had to get our house ready to sell which was a ton of work. Now that it’s sold, we are just in this waiting period where our house doesn’t feel like home (we had to somewhat stage it to sell it) and we are just really excited and anxious to get into our new house.
Anyways, that might explain why my posting hasn’t been as regular as it usually is. And actually, not to be super cryptic (okay I’m being cryptic) but there’s another huge reason why I haven’t been able to put as much time into the blog but that’s for another day 😉
I actually do have quite a few recipes lined up to share with you. I just need to find the time to do the writing. Even though it’s late at night when I’m writing this and I would love nothing more than to crawl into my bed, I just couldn’t wait one more day to share this recipe with you. These Shrimp Burrito Bowls with Creamy Cilantro Sauce are TOO GOOD not to be in your life!!
I made this creamy cilantro sauce a couple of weeks ago to go on top of some smoked pork tacos and ever since Marc has been begging me to make it again. I’ve actually made it again twice because we have been going through it so fast. It’s addicting! It goes great on tacos, these burrito bowls, or even just as a tortilla chip dip.
These Shrimp Burrito Bowls are actually incredibly easy to whip up. The shrimp is tossed in a bit of the creamy cilantro sauce and cooked on the grill. The thing I love about shrimp is how freaking fast they cook! Like they’re done in 5 minutes or less. You could also cook yours on the stovetop if you prefer. Regardless, these are going to be a new favorite dinner of yours!
For the Creamy Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger trust me
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup dry quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 16 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado pit removed and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Combine all cilantro sauce ingredients in blender and puree.
- Toss shrimp with 1/4 cup of the sauce. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place shrimp in grill pan and cook on grill for 4-5 minutes, turning once, until no longer opaque.
- Assemble burrito bowls by dividing quinoa, corn, black beans, avocado, and cherries between four bowls.
- Top with shrimp and drizzle with cilantro sauce.