It’s time to spice up Taco Tuesday! Salmon Tacos with Sriracha Cream Sauce have a simple seasoning on the salmon and the sriracha cream sauce is finger licking good!
Can it really be the last week of January already? Are we all still trying to eat healthier and stick to resolutions or are those long forgotten? I’m not really one for resolutions, but after the holiday season I always have the urge to eat a little healthier in January. I try to lighten up my meals to balance out all of the indulgent eating I did in December it just feels good to eat fresh and light.
It’s not news that my pregnancy cravings have had me wanting, no NEEDING, hot sauce on top of everything I eat, which, in addition to wanting a healthier dinner, is how I came up with these Salmon Tacos with Sriracha Cream Sauce.
Another reason to make these salmon tacos? Along with a bowl of chips and guacamole and an ice cold agua fresca, they made me feel like I was in sunny Mexico instead of the cold tundra of Minnesota. Don’t get me wrong – I love Minnesota winters. Really, I do. But every once in awhile (say, in the middle of a week of subzero temperatures) I like to step away from the pot roast, cook up something tropical, and pretend my toes don’t go numb every time I step outside.
I like to keep my taco toppings pretty minimal with a sprinkle of red onion, cilantro, and jalapenos for more spice, but you could load yours up with all of your favorites – salsa, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream, the works. I’m begging you, however, not to skip the Sriracha cream sauce. It makes these tacos! If you’re not a fan of super spicy things, you can definitely scale back the amount of Sriracha to just a half a teaspoon, and it will be much more mild.
So whether you’re also trying to eat a little healthier this year or wanting to wish away the cold weather, give these salmon tacos with sriracha cream sauce a try!
Like this post? Then you’ll love these, too:
Blacked Salmon Tacos with Yogurt Sauce
Fish Taco with Avocado Corn Salsa
Tortilla Crusted Fish Tacos with Chipotle Slaw
Grilled Salmon with Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- Sriracha Sauce:
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1-3 tsp Sriracha depending on how spicy you prefer
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 corn tortillas I like to double them up for each taco
- chopped cilantro
- jalapeños for topping
- other toppings: salsa guacamole, tomatoes, etc.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, and salt. Rub over salmon.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. I love using my cast iron or All-Clad skillets.
- Once oil is hot, add salmon, skin side down.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, then flip.
- Cook another 4-5 minutes, until salmon is cooked through.
- Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon. If you are cooking one large piece of salmon, you will likely need to cook it closer to 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Once salmon is cooked and flakes easily, divide chunks of salmon among the tortillas.
- Top with preferred toppings (mine are cilantro, red onion, and jalapeños) and drizzle with Sriracha cream sauce.
- Hint: I put my cream sauce in a plastic baggie, then cut one of the tips off a corner, which makes drizzling much easier! Alternately, you can drizzle with a spoon.