One Pan Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables is a healthy fall dinner that is so full of flavor and easy to make!
It’s fall time and for me that means breaking out my favorite sweaters, lighting more cozy candles than usual, and the return of all of my favorite comfort foods. While many people think of comfort foods as cheesy, buttery, and mostly unhealthy, I also find comfort in foods with certain flavors. Sure I love a good hot dish (aka casserole for all you non-Midwesterners!) but I also love using certain fresh ingredients more often in the fall and winter than spring and summer.
Fresh rosemary falls in that category for me. I love its earthiness that it brings to dishes. In this recipe for One Pan Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables, rosemary is combined with the flavors of maple syrup and dijon mustard for an outstanding dressing for both the chicken and vegetables.
Since the same combination is used for the chicken and vegetables, this dish is very simple and easy. Better yet? It’s all cooked on one baking sheet! If you’re looking for a comforting yet healthy meal during the week that will leave you satisfied, this rosemary chicken and vegetables is it.
Easy Weeknight Dinner
If you want to make this dish even easier for a weeknight meal, you can prep the dressing and chop the vegetables ahead of time. This way, you just have to assemble everything and toss it in the oven.
As for this recipe itself – the chicken and vegetables are fairly flexible. If you want to use boneless chicken thighs instead of bone-in – go for it! Chicken breasts will also work, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted a few minutes. If you want to use sweet potatoes instead of butternut squash, or an onion instead of shallots, that would definitely work too.
This one pan chicken dinner is definitely a go-to of ours. I love serving it with a loaf of hot bread from the oven. We usually have some vegetables leftover and I have to say – they are delicious the next morning with a runny egg on top!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
One Pan Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeds removed, and cut into 1" chunks
- 2 cups brussels sprouts halved
- 2 cups yellow or red potatoes cut into small chunks
- 4 shallots sliced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all of the chopped vegetables into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the chicken thighs with the marinade, and then pour the remaining over the vegetables.
- Stir well to combine with the vegetables, and add another tablespoon or two of olive oil if needed.
- Arrange the vegetables and chicken on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until chicken has cooked through to 165 degrees F and vegetables are roasted.
- Serve and enjoy!