It’s right around this time of year that I’ll do anything I can to avoid turning on my oven. We’re getting up in the 90’a by the end of this week, so no cook dinners, grilling, picnic lunches, and no bake desserts will be my BFFs. It’s just too hot to stand over the stove or turn on the oven.
Even though I’m not going to be baking up a batch of cookies or brownies any time soon, I’m not one to give up desserts. So – no bake desserts all the way! Things like strawberries with whipped cream, trifles, ice cream, and no bake pies are all my go-tos. And friends, I think I just found my new favorite – No Bake Strawberry Oreo Pie!
My oh my, this pie is delicious. It is bursting with Oreos and strawberries! First, there’s the Oreo crust. In my opinion, you just can’t beat an Oreo crust and I definitely lean towards heavy on the crust. It holds up perfectly to that amazing filling.
Speaking of, the filling is a simple combination of cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and heavy whipping cream, filled with fresh strawberries and chopped Oreos. It’s creamy, luscious, and absolutely irresistible. In fact, I made this pie three times testing the recipe and didn’t get sick of it. It’s just that good!
You know who else didn’t get sick of it? My kids and neighbors. My four year old happily helped me taste test the filling, and while he wasn’t particularly helpful with the details (“it’s REALLY good!” is his go-to comment), he did a great job helping me clean the beaters. Our neighbors happily helped us finish off one of the pies, and that is exactly how you pay them back for watering your flowers when you are out of town.
A note about this pie – it is delicious both refrigerated and frozen. I personally like to stick it in the freezer for a few hours and then take it out about 15 minutes prior to serving to let it soften up a little, but still ensure clean slices. When it is refrigerated, the pieces won’t be quite as clean cut as the one in these photos. It’s really up to your personal preference on how you chill it!
Regardless, this No Bake Strawberry Oreo Pie is bound to be a favorite of yours and everyone you know. Who can resist a creamy Oreo pie, especially one with fresh strawberries in it?
No Bake Strawberry Oreo PiePrint Pin Rate
For the crust:
- 25 Oreos
- 5 tablespoon butter melted
For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 8 Oreos chopped
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the food processor and pulse until it is well combined.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of a pie dish or springform pan. Note: using a springform pan will make it easier to slice, however a pie dish will also work.
- Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, beating until well combined, about another minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and chopped Oreos.
- Spread the filling out on top of the Oreo crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- If you would like the pie a little firmer, place in the freezer for 2 hours, or up to overnight. It is delicious refrigerated, and frozen!
- Serve topped with additional crushed Oreos and strawberries.