No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is an easy, impressive, and insanely delicious holiday dessert with an Oreo crust, white chocolate peppermint cheesecake filling, and homemade whipped topping that is perfect for a gathering!
I’m on a huge peppermint kick this year. As I’ve mentioned, I love all of the holiday flavors but peppermint is, hands down, my favorite. I’ve made peppermint cookies, peppermint shortbread, and peppermint truffles but I wanted a truly show stopping peppermint dessert. This No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is exactly that!
Cheesecake is always a show stopper in my book, and it gets bonus points when it’s a no-bake recipe. I have some really great cheesecake recipes on my blog that require baking, but I love when I can come up with a recipe that is no-bake and is 100% as delicious.
Ingredients in Peppermint Cheesecake
Heavy Whipping Cream
Peppermint Bark Chips
How to Make No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
To make this peppermint cheesecake, you’ll start by making a basic Oreo crust. I use a whole container of regular Oreos and a stick of butter. I really like a solid crust that goes up an inch or so along the springform pan.
The peppermint cheesecake filling is started by beating room temperature cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract. Then you add melted white chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and a homemade whipped cream. Lastly, I folded in Andes Peppermint Bark Baking Chips, which I believe are a seasonal item. If you can’t find them or they’re out of season, you can definitely use chopped peppermint bark and it will work just as well!
After a few hours of chilling, the peppermint cheesecake filling gets topped with more homemade whipped cream and candy canes or chopped peppermint bark. I recommend chilling this overnight for the optimal results but 4 hours will do the trick!
This easy Peppermint Cheesecake is perfect for any holiday gathering – it will be a hit!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Layered Peppermint Lasagna Dessert from Cooking Life to the Fullest
No Bake Peppermint Pie from Simply Stacie
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 1 14 ounce package Oreos
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Bark Chips (or peppermint bark, chopped)
For the Whipped Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- additional peppermint bark or chopped candy canes, for topping
To Make the Crust:
- Add the Oreos to a large food processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add the butter and pulse until well combined.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan.
To Make the Cheesecake:
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the whipping cream and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and peppermint extract and beat until combined.
- Add the white chocolate and remaining 4 tablespoons of the heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between each one, until melted. Cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Add the melted white chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until completely combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, gently, until completely combined.
- Fold in Andes peppermint bark baking chips to the mixture and pour the filling into the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferrably overnight.
To Make the Whipped Topping:
- Add the whipped cream and powdered sugar to a large bowl with an electric mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread evenly on top of cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with additional baking chips or chopped candy canes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, remove the sides from the springform pan. You can gently transfer the cheesecake from the springform pan bottom to a cake stand or serving platter. Slice and enjoy!