No Bake Oat Nut Bars are an easy, refined sugar-free bar filled with oats, mixed nuts, honey, chia seeds, and flaxseed that are perfect for an easy snack or breakfast!
We got a little teaser of nice weather yesterday and while OMG it felt glorious, it feels cruel to know there is a snowstorm in our forecast this week. And no, not just a dusting. We’re talking multiple inches and maybe a FOOT?! What in the actual hell. GRRR.
While a really decadent brownie seems more appropriate to drown our sorrows with, I’m going to take the high road and have a healthy treat. After birthday month, which involved a week of vacation and lots of cake, I’m trying to clean things up a bit around here. I toyed with the idea of trying Whole 30 but you can’t have wine on that, and I’m not willing to go that far. So – healthy dessert/breakfast/snack instead of cake, it is!
These No Bake Oat Nut Bars could really be for any time of the day. I’ve had one along with my morning coffee. My kids have had one for a pre-lunch snack because they are actual snack monsters. I’ve also had one before bed for a little sweet treat. These bars hit all of the bases!
When creating these bars, I really wanted something that was kind of like a KIND Bar, full of nuts, but also with oats. After a few tries, these No Bake Oat Nut Bars are exactly what I was going for!
What is in No Bake Oat Nut Bars?
No Bake Oat Nut Bars are full of healthy things including:
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Chia Seeds
- Flaxseed Meal
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Mixed Nuts
There’s so much healthy fats, fiber, and protein in these bars! Of course, I couldn’t help but to drizzle some chocolate on top. It IS dark chocolate, though!
Both of my boys absolutely loved these bars, too! For Soren, I gave him chunks without any nuts in it, because we just aren’t to the point where he can eat large nuts yet. Lars is fine with them, and gobbled these up after running around outside burning up energy.
I feel so much better giving these homemade, healthy Oat Nut Bars to my kids as opposed to the packaged bars. Don’t get me wrong – Z Bars and kids Lara Bars are definitely a staple in our household. The convenience of those just can’t be beat. However, when I have the time to whip up something homemade, we are all happier! Lucky for me, these are also a breeze to make!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
No Bake Oat Nut Bars
For the oat nut bars:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped nuts
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey in a small saucepan.
- Melt over medium-low heat and stir frequently, until mixture is melted and smooth. This should just take a few minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and peanut butter mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8x8" baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to allow bars to cool and chocolate to set.