If you’re a little mad at me, I completely understand. I KNOW I told you I’d be posting this recipe on Monday. Which, was yesterday.
The truth is, Easter weekend was busy. When I opened my computer on Sunday night, the video I had made had vanished. I was tired. It wasn’t happening.
So, here we are on Tuesday, with the pie. You really can’t go wrong with pie any day of the week, in my opinion. And this isn’t just ANY pie. This is No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pie. Insert heart eyes emoji here.
I’m not sure where I had the idea for this pie, but I’m positive it started with my desire to eat cookie dough. I’m all about a warm freshly baked cookie, but I do love me a few spoonfuls of cookie dough as well. And if you take me to Dairy Queen and tell me to order something other than my standard cherry dipped cone, you bet I’ll be getting the cookie dough Blizzard.
This No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pie is for all of the other cookie dough lovers out there. It’s basically a no-bake pie, with a filling made of cream cheese and heavy cream, stuffed with homemade edible cookie dough, inside of a chocolate chip cookie crust. Oh and I topped it with more cookie dough because, why not?
Everyone who had this pie raved about it. It really is a crowd pleaser!
For the pie crust:
- 24 Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies
- 1/3 cup butter melted
For the cookie dough:
- 10 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6-8 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the pie:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanila extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Make the crust:
- Place cookies in a large food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse until evenly distributed.
- Press into a greased 9" springform pan and refrigerate.
Make the cookie dough:
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, 6 tablespoons milk, and flour. If it seems dry, add another tablespoon or two of milk.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into ~1" dough balls, and refrigerate.
Make the pie:
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with electric mixer (or a whisk if you're feeling strong) until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Fold in whipped cream until combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Take half of the cookie dough balls and crumble into pie.
- Pour pie filling into pie crust.
- Decorate pie with remaining cookie dough balls. I cut my dough balls in half and placed them evenly around the pie. You could crumble them, cut them into quarters, or whatever your heart desires.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting to let the pie set up.
- Slice and enjoy!!