I pinned this mango black bean quinoa salad recipe on Pinterest.
I saved it as a favorite on Tastespotting.
I bookmarked it into my recipe folder. Twice.
Ya think I wanted to make this mango black bean quinoa salad?? Apparently so. How could I not?
Every part of this quinoa dish is appealing, from the sweet, juicy mangos combined with crunchy red peppers, creamy black beans, and nutty quinoa, to the simple lime vinaigrette that pulls it all together. The entire salad is fresh and full of flavor. It’s great for a summer side dish or a healthy dinner recipe and goes great with barbecued meat!
How to Make Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Making this mango black bean quinoa salad recipe is super simple. You’ll start by making the quinoa. Making quinoa is as simple as making rice and you’ll simply boil some water, add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy.
While the quinoa is cooking, you can prep the rest of the ingredients. This includes dicing red onion, red bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, and mango, and making the lime vinaigrette.
To finish it up, you just toss it all together!
This recipe is one of our all-time favorites. I make it when I want a healthy lunch made for a couple of days. I make it as a potluck side dish. I make it when we have friends over. Everyone loves this mango and black bean quinoa salad every time!
Even though this is a side dish, I could definitely see it jazzed up with some grilled chicken or fish to be made a meal. Side dish or main dish, this recipe is a winner!
Like this recipe? Check out these other quinoa recipes:
For the salad:
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth water will work too
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and white parts removed, diced
- 1 mango peeled cut into little chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package. Typically this involves combining quinoa with broth/water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
- In large bowl, combine quinoa, red pepper, mango, cilantro, black beans, and red onion.
- To the bowl add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine well.
- Eat immediately or store in refrigerator in an air-tight container.