An easy recipe for make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches with bacon, sausage, or Canadian bacon that can be frozen and cooked on busy weekday mornings!
Before our kitchen renovation, I made two HUGE batches of breakfast burritos to satisfy our cravings for a hearty breakfast. Making eggs and bacon wasn’t practical with our temporary kitchen, so those breakfast burritos were great. Even now with our kitchen finished, we rarely have time to make something like breakfast burritos or sandwiches in the morning. That’s why I decided to make another big batch of breakfast sandwiches!
The problem during our renovation was reheating the frozen burritos. Using our old microwave, we would try to get the right setting/power level to reheat them from frozen, but we often ended up with ends that were overcooked (i.e. tough and chewy) and the middle was still cold. Bleh.
With our new SHARP Microwave Drawer Oven, that is not an issue! Our SHARP microwave drawer has a reheat and defrost issue, which makes heating up our frozen make ahead breakfast sandwiches a breeze!
This recipe for Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches is a total breeze and super adaptable! First, you’ll cook the eggs. I cooked them in a baking dish in the oven, so I could have flat egg patties. For a fresh egg sandwich, I prefer a runny fried egg, but the oven baked eggs work so well for these make ahead sandwiches!
While the meat is totally optional, it’s also adaptable. I used Canadian bacon on half and sausage patties on half. I know that Marc will prefer the sausage patties and I love the Canadian bacon. Bacon would also work well in these sandwiches!
To cook these microwavable breakfast sandwiches, it’s super easy with the SHARP Microwave Drawer Oven. I used the Cook sensor button which has the option to cook frozen meals, checking it with about 1 minute left. If you don’t have this option on your microwave, I recommend cooking on 70% power for 1 minute, check, and then cook another 30-60 second intervals until warmed through.
These freezer breakfast sandwiches are super satisfying and delicious way to start the day!
I was gifted a Sharp Microwave Drawer Oven, however the opinions of this post and the recipe are my own.
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 English muffins
- 6 frozen, pre-cooked sausage patties
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
Bake the Eggs:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish and pour the egg mixture into the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes. Let cool.
Assemble the Sandwiches:
- Lay the bottoms of each English muffin onto a clean surface or baking sheet.
- Cut the baked eggs into 12 squares.
- Place one square on the bottom of each English muffin.
- Top with sausage patty/Canadian bacon slice and one slice of cheese.
- Top with English muffin top.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or seal in airtight container.
- For a Sharp Microwave Drawer Oven - hit the Cook sensor button, and then the option for a freezer meal, and let cook, checking when there's about 1 minute remaining. You want the English muffin soft and the egg and meat cooked through.
- For a regular microwave oven - defrost the sandwich for 2 minutes. Cook an additional 30-60 seconds on 60% heat.
- Serve and enjoy!