Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is the easiest and most delicious pot roast recipe you will ever try! It is made with au jus gravy mix, ranch seasoning, pepperoncini peppers and butter and is melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Man, I must be on a pot roast kick. Just last week I posted my Oven Braised Balsamic Pot Roast, and now I have this Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast. One might be thinking pot roast is pot roast, why all the recipes?
Well, while the oven braised balsamic pot roast would be perfect for a Sunday afternoon when you’re home all afternoon, this Mississippi Pot Roast is exactly what you need when you don’t have all day to babysit your pot roast in the oven.
What Is Mississippi Pot Roast?
You also might be wondering, what the heck is Mississippi Pot Roast? It is a combination of a chuck roast, pepperoncini peppers, au jus gravy seasoning, ranch seasoning, and butter. It is just as delicious as it sounds!
How to Make Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
To make Mississippi Pot Roast in the Instant Pot, it is very simple. First, you’ll cut a chuck roast into 1 lb chunks. This helps the meat cook a bit faster. Next, the chunks of meat are browned in olive oil, on the Instant Pot’s saute function. This really helps give the meat great flavor – I wouldn’t skip this step!
Next, you will whisk together beef broth, au jus gravy mix, and ranch seasoning, and then pour it over the chunks of browned chuck roast in the Instant Pot. Lastly, add pepperoncini peppers and butter, and seal the lid.
This pot roast is cooked for 60 minutes, with 10 minutes of natural pressure release, and you’ll end up with fork tender, crazy delicious pot roast!
We served our Mississippi Pot Roast with blue cheese smashed potatoes, salad, and bread. It would also be delicious on top of mashed potatoes or in a sandwich.
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- Instant Pot
- 4-5 lbs chuck roast cut into approx. 1 lb chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 ounce packet au jus gravy mix
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning mix
- 5 pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup butter
- Turn Instant Pot/Pressure cooker to brown/saute function.
- Add olive oil. Once hot, add the chunks of chuck roast and brown 3-4 minutes. Turn over and brown 3-4 additional minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot/pressure cooker saute/brown function off.
- In small bowl, whisk together beef brown, au jus gravy seasoning, and ranch seasoning.
- Pour over beef in the Instant Pot.
- Top with peppers and butter.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal steam valve.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 60 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, and then release completely.
- Shred the beef and mix with juices.
- Serve on top of mashed potatoes, on sandwiches, or with roasted veggies.