This Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup could not be easier! Best yet, it is so full of flavor, it tastes like Thai take out. The soup is flavored with onion, red bell pepper, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, lime, and Thai curry paste, and topped with cilantro.
While we love getting takeout, we’ve been cooking at home a LOT this winter. As a result, I’ve been recreating some of our favorite takeout dishes, like Thai noodle soup. I just love a delicious, flavorful, slurpable noodle soup! Lucky for us, with this Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup, we won’t need to get Thai takeout for awhile!
This Thai noodle soup is so good that I made it twice in one weekend! I didn’t anticipate the kids eating so much of it – they absolutely loved it.
Ingredients in Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
Red Bell Pepper, Broccoli, and Onions – the main vegetables in the soup
Garlic and Ginger – add a ton of flavor to the broth
Fish Sauce and Red Thai Curry Paste – the curry paste adds a ton of flavor and the fish sauce adds a savory flavor to the soup.
Chicken Broth and Coconut Milk – for the base of the broth. The coconut milk adds a creaminess to the soup and I used chicken bone broth when I made it this time – I absolutely love bone broth!
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Rice Noodles – you can use thick or thin. My preference is the thin noodles.
Limes and Cilantro – a squirt of lime and sprinkle of cilantro on top of the soup adds flavor and some color.
How to Make Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
To begin, the onion and red bell peppers are sautéed in the Instant Pot until slightly softened. Next, the garlic and ginger are added for a quick minute, followed by the fish sauce, Thai curry paste, broth, coconut milk, and chicken breasts. The soup is cooked on high for 12 minutes if fresh chicken breasts are used, or 15 minutes if using frozen.
Once the cook time is done, you’ll let the pressure naturally release for about 5 minutes and then release it completely. Turn the Instant Pot onto the brown/saute function and add the broccoli. Let it cook for about 5 minutes and then add the rice noodles, and cook another couple of minutes, until the noodles are softened.
Serve the soup topped with fresh cilantro and lime juice!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and stem removed, diced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 ounces jar red Thai curry paste
- 1.5-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 27 ounces full fat coconut milk (2 13.5 ounce cans)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles
- cilantro, lime wedge, chopped peanuts for topping
- Set the Instant Pot to the brown/saute setting.
- Add the olive oil, onion, and red bell pepper.
- Cook until slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook another minute.
- Add the fish sauce, red Thai curry paste, chicken breasts, chicken broth, and coconut milk, and stir well to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the pressure valve.
- Cook on HIGH for 12 minutes for fresh chicken breasts and 15 minutes for frozen chicken.
- Release the pressure valve. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken back to the soup, along with the broccoli.
- Turn on the brown/saute function again, and cook until the broccoli is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and cook another minute or two, until softened.
- Serve topped with cilantro, lime, and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!