If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love, well, this is IT.
As you may know, we are in the middle of a major kitchen renovation, meaning our entire kitchen is out of commission. I’ve been using tons of freezer meals, one-dish meals, and Instant Pot recipes, like this one.
If you’ve ever gone through a kitchen renovation, you know that the less prep, the better. More prep means more dishes to clean and I’m just really sick of carrying all of my dirty dishes to the basement to be washed. Which is why this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup is a life saver.
The entire recipe requires ZERO chopping. None at all! It’s basically a dump-and-set recipe and the ingredients are super simple.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
That’s it! You dump it all in the Instant Pot, and cook it on high for 20 minutes. So, so easy!
I loved serving our Chicken Taco Soup topped with allllll the things. I’m talking cheese, sour cream, green onions, avocado, and crushed tortilla chips. So good!
Even better, this soup was amazing for leftovers. I brought it for lunch the weekend that I worked and looked forward to it both days! In fact, I was sad when it was gone. It’s a good thing it’s so easy to make because we will for sure be making it again!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too:
Instant Pot Beef Taco Soup from A Cedar Spoon
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
For the toppings:
- shredded cheese, diced avocado, diced green onions, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the toppings, in your Instant Pot/pressure cooker.
- Secure the lid and pressure valve to closed.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes and then completely release.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, diced avocado, diced green onions, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.