Instant Pot Chicken Taco Rice Bowls are sure to hit the spot when you’re craving something hearty but healthy Mexican food!
It’s official – we are back in the routine of the school year! I have to admit – I am welcoming it with open arms. Summertime is great but it was a pretty crazy summer for us, and I really do thrive on routine. I love knowing that on Mondays we do this, and on Tuesdays we do that. I’m also looking forward to a little one on one time with Soren. He’s such a happy little guy and easy to take with me on errands, get work done when he’s playing, and fun to play with!
Anyways! You might start to notice that I am using my pressure cooker quite a bit lately. It’s true – I’m a little obsessed with it right now. I suppose it’s a logical time to get into something like the Instant Pot. It’s perfect for comfort food, which we all start craving in the fall, and it’s great for quick weeknight dinners, which are necessary during the school year.
I hope you don’t mind my new obsession because I have a TON more Instant Pot recipes coming up for ya in the next few weeks (maybe even months!? Who knows when I’ll stop!).
I made these Instant Pot Chicken Taco Rice Bowls the other day on Lars’ first day of preschool. I wanted something easy for lunch and needed it ready when I got home from picking him up. This recipe is truly one of those that you dump everything in, hit ‘start’, and let the pressure cooker do all of the work for you.
These Instant Pot Chicken Taco Rice Bowls hit the spot! It’s no secret that I love my bowl meals, and this is absolutely a new favorite of ours. Both of the boys gobbled these up! You can definitely make these as mild or spicy as you like. I kept ours as mild as possible, so they were kid-friendly, but you can use spicy taco seasoning, spicy chiles, and spicy salsa if you like your food to have a kick.
For toppings, we had ours with shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, and sliced avocado the first time. When we had leftovers I added a dollop of plain Greek yogurt which was delicious as well! I think green onions, hot sauce, guacamole, and pico de gallo would also be amazing. You can choose whatever sounds best to you!
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Rice BowlsPrint Rate
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 16 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- Toppings: sliced avocado chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream/plain Greek yogurt
- Add all ingredients to your Instant Pot/pressure cooker.
- Top with lid.
- Cook on high for 22 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release the rest of the way.
- Stir with a spatula. There may be liquid on top, but that will continue to be absorbed by the rice.
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro, shredded cheese, and sour cream.