Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Chili is a fun twist on white chicken chili and is a breeze to make in your Instant Pot!
Raise your hand if you received an Instant Pot for Christmas! I thought that might be the case. The pressure cooker has become one of my favorite kitchen appliances over the past couple of years, and I love that it is gaining popularity.
I have a habit of giving simple, straight-forward recipes some sort of twist, and this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Chili is no different. My original plan was an Instant Pot White Chicken Chili, but when I eyed a jar of enchilada sauce and a jar of salsa verde in our cupboard, the wheels started spinning.
I couldn’t decide between a salsa verde chicken chili or a chicken enchilada chili, but after a quick text to my recipe development team (aka my mom and aunt), we settled on Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Chili.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Chili
I have to say – my team chose wisely. This chili is delish! Even better? It is a dump and cook recipe. Meaning, you dump all (but two) ingredients into the Instant Pot, and cook it.
The only things you have to do after the Instant Pot is done cooking is shred the chicken and add in the cream cheese. Pro tip: I combined a couple of ladles of the soup with the cream cheese in a smaller bowl before adding it to the Instant Pot, to reduce the chances of the cream cheese curdling. No one wants a chunky chili!
What’s In Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Chili
So what exactly is in this chicken enchilada chili? There’s a lot of your typical chili ingredients – onion, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, and lots of beans. Then there’s shredded chicken breasts and a jar of enchilada sauce for that chicken enchilada flavor.
To finish things off, like I mentioned earlier, I added cream cheese and some shredded cheese for extra creaminess. You just can’t go wrong with that, y’know?
It’s All About the Toppings!
Of course, like most chili recipes, one of the best parts of this Chicken Enchilada Chili is the stuff you top it with. I know in the photo I only have some cheese and cilantro on top, but after my photoshoot I went a little crazy with other toppings. I added some diced avocado, plain Greek yogurt, and a bunch of crushed tortilla chips. SO good you guys.
If you’re new to the Instant Pot – this is a great recipe to start with! You really can’t mess it up!
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada ChiliPrint Rate
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper de-seeded, stem removed, and diced
- 1 15 ounce jar red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: shredded cheese avocado, green onion, cilantro, sour cream, plain yogurt, tortilla chips
- Place chicken, onion, bell pepper, enchilada sauce, pinto beans, Northern beans, cannellini beans, green chiles, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to Instant Pot.
- Seal lid. Cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from Instant Pot and shred the meat. Return shredded chicken to the Instant Pot.
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl and add 1-2 ladles of soup to it. Whisk together until cream cheese is melted into the soup.
- Add mixture and shredded cheese to the rest of the soup and stir well to combine.
- Serve topped with your choice of toppings - shredded cheese, avocado, green onion, cilantro, sour cream, plain yogurt, and tortilla chips are all great options.