Instant Pot Butternut Squash Minestrone is a comforting and healthy soup that is full of flavor and vegetables!
Ingredients in Instant Pot Butternut Squash Minestrone
Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth!)
How to Make Instant Pot Butternut Squash Minestrone
To start making this minestrone soup, you’ll saute the pancetta in the Instant Pot. I love this function of the Instant Pot, so you don’t have to dirty another pan! I also love adding pancetta to my minestrone because it adds so much flavor. If you’re vegetarian, you can definitely omit the pancetta, and it will still have great flavor from all of the herbs!
After the pancetta crisps up, you’ll add the celery, carrots, and onion to soften those up a bit. Lastly, you’ll add the rest of the ingredients except the kale – the squash, tomatoes, herbs, broth, and pasta. This soup only takes FIVE minutes in the Instant Pot. I tried it first around 10 minutes and the squash was a little mushy. Five minutes was perfect.
Lastly, you’ll add the chopped kale into the soup and let it sit and cook for a few minutes. I chopped the kale pretty small so I didn’t have to have the Instant Pot “on” for this part, and the hot broth did the trick. If your kale is bigger, you can turn on the Saute function to get it cooked faster.
I topped this soup off with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and it was absolutely delicious! I love how simple the ingredients are in minestrone, but it is always so flavorful! The pancetta really adds great flavor in this soup, and the squash is a fun touch during the fall and winter seasons.
Like this recipe? Check these out, too:
Butternut Squash Minestrone with Sage, Chickpeas, and Chard from The First Mess
Instant Pot Butternut Squash MinestronePrint Pin Rate
- Instant Pot
- 5 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, ends chopped off and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- Turn the Instant Pot onto the saute function.
- Add the diced pancetta and cook for about 5 minutes, until it starts crisping up and releasing some of its fat.
- Add the diced onion, carrrots, and celery, tossing to combine, and cook another 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add the squash, diced tomatoes, dried herbs, beans, broth, and pasta.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is closed. Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes and then release completely.
- Stir in the chopped kale, and let it cook in the hot soup for about 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded Parmesan cheese.