Whenever I grill chicken, I love grilling chicken thighs. Along with being super reasonably priced, they are much more apt to staying juicy and tender unlike their breast counterpart. I also find them easier to cook, and are much more forgiving when it comes to staying tender and moist even if they are a tad overcooked. Chicken breasts are much more touchy when it comes to getting them done right.
The best way to know if your chicken is cooked is to use a meat thermometer, which always makes grilling such a breeze. Before we had ours we would be poking and diligently monitoring the cooking time. Now we can sit on the patio, enjoy a beverage, and wait until the thermometer tells us our meat is done. So easy!
The marinade for these honey Sriracha chicken thighs is incredible simple and packed with flavor. If you’re a Sriracha fan like I am, you are going to LOVE this chicken! Along with the Sriracha, I added honey for some sweetness, olive oil, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
To finish the chicken thighs off once they were done cooking, I drizzled them with more Sriracha and topped them with green onions. I really loved the extra flavor that the green onions added so while technically it’s optional, I would highly recommend it.
I served these chicken thighs with grilled asparagus and grilled corn on the cob, meaning the entire meal was made without the oven being turned on. That is total winning for a summer night, in my book!
If you happen to just really not like chicken thighs, this recipe could absolutely be made with chicken breasts, or even chicken wings. Just be sure to use that meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked through, as cooking times will vary with chicken breasts. Happy grilling!
Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken ThighsPrint Rate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs skin-on would also work!
- Green onions chopped, for topping
- In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and Sriracha. Stir well to combine.
- Place chicken thighs in a container with a lid and pour honey sriracha marinade over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken thighs on grill and grill 8-10 minutes on each side, with the lid closed, or until meat thermometer reads 180 degrees.
- Serve drizzled with more Sriracha, if desired, and topped with green onions.