Grilled Chicken Strawberry Poppy Seed Pasta Salad tastes like spring and summer! It’s bursting with strawberries, feta cheese, and a sweet and tangy poppy seed dressing.
It’s finally starting to feel like spring (it’s a high of 68 here today!!) which has me craving all of the spring flavors.
One of my favorite spring salads is a strawberry poppy seed salad. It’s fresh, sweet, a little salty, and just pretty to look at! I decided to turn it into a more hearty dish with pasta salad and perfectly juicy grilled chicken.
This Strawberry Poppy Seed Pasta Salad was a hit with the fam! Marc was raving about how good the grilled chicken was and the flavors from the pasta salad, and my boys were excited to have fruit in their dinner…ha!
While this pasta was delicious as a lighter spring/summer dinner, I think it’d be a wonderful potluck dish, also. You could omit the grilled chicken (or not!) to make it for a potluck gathering – who can pass up a pasta salad?!
The dressing in this Strawberry Poppy Seed Pasta Salad is so bright and delicious. The dressing is a combination of olive oil, plain Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, fresh orange juice, sugar, dijon mustard, and poppy seeds. It’s not overly sweet and has just the right amount of tang from the apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard. I also loved the flavor from the orange juice!
To finish it off, I added crunchy almonds and tangy feta cheese – this pasta salad is delightful and delicious!
Love this recipe? Check these out, too!
Grilled Chicken Strawberry Poppy Seed Pasta SaladPrint Rate
For the grilled chicken:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- juice from 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta salad:
- ~8 ounces miniature farfalle pasta regular size will work, too
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and salt.
- Place chicken breasts and marinade in a tupperware container, and let chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken breasts for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. I always recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is fully cooked, as varying sizes/thickness of chicken will affect cooking time.
- Make the poppy seed dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and whisking well to combine.
- Combine cooked pasta, strawberries, red onion, baby spinach, almonds, feta cheese, and dressing.
- Toss well and serve topped with sliced grilled chicken.