Grilled Cheddar Sausage and Pepper Skillet is a super simple and flavorful weeknight dinner made on the grill in one skillet!
Last week on Instagram, I did a few polls on my stories to see what kind of spring and summer recipes my IG followers want. Turns out – everyone wants some grilling recipes! WHICH, by the way, I’m super stoked about because 1) I absolutely love grilling and 2) I have some super fun grilling recipes brewing in my head for ya!
First up – this Grilled Cheddar Sausage and Pepper Skillet. It really doesn’t get any easier than this. You chop a bunch of veggies, season them with olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic, s&p. Then ya grill ’em up in your grilling basket, add the cheddar sausage for the last 10ish minutes and there ya have it. Dinner. Is. Served. BOOM!
This recipe is almost so easy that I contemplated even sharing it. BUT! There’s definitely some magic in those paprika and garlic seasoned veggies so it shall be shared!
Also – using cheddar sausage instead of regular sausage is just pure genius, IMHO. To be honest, I had actually bought a different kind of sausage originally. Then I forgot to take it out of the grocery bag with the rest of the groceries and didn’t realize it until THE NEXT DAY. Which is more than slightly embarrassing that my grocery bag was still on my dining room floor and that there was still food in it. But eh – real life.
So yeah – one emergency trip to the grocery store later and – we ended up with cheddar sausage! It was meant to be.
Since the veggies take about 20-25 minutes to grill, I waited until the last minute to add the cheddar sausage. The sausage is already cooked so it really just needs to be warmed up and I also didn’t want all of the cheese oozing out. 10 minutes was perfect for some pieces to get a little crispy and all of them to be hot.
This is definitely going on our summer rotation – all of us loved this one skillet grilled dinner!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Grilled Cheddar Sausage and Pepper Skillet
- 1 medium zucchini cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb cheddar sausage cut into bite-sized pieces
- Place veggies in a large bowl.
- In small ramekin, whisk together olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over veggies and toss well to combine.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add veggies to a grill pan and place on grill.
- Grill for 20-25 minutes, until preferred doneness. I like mine a little on the crispy side, so I cooked mine closer to 25 minutes.
- For the last 10 minutes, add the sausage to the grill pan and toss with the veggies.
- Serve and enjoy!