Eggnog Pudding Layer Dessert is a creamy pudding layer dessert that is perfect for a crowd!
Okay, so I’ve come to learn that people feel very strongly about eggnog. Either you love it or hate it. Me? I love it.
And now? In this super creamy and delicious Eggnog Pudding Layer Dessert. Oh. Mah. Gawd. Layers and layers of amazingness.
How to Make Eggnog Pudding Layer Dessert
So what kind of layers do we have going on here?
Well, first we have the Oreo crumb crust. Obviously it’s not your typical Oreo – I used the Golden Oreos. With melted butter. Perfect and simple.
Then we have a creamy dreamy eggnog and cream cheese layer. It’s part tangy from the cream cheese and part sweet and eggnog-y from the (duh) eggnog.
Next up: the pudding layer! I used white chocolate pudding and more eggnog.
Lastly there’s a simple whipped topping layer. You could make your own or use Cool Whip. Not even gonna pretend I didn’t use Cool Whip. I kinda love the stuff.
If I had one word for this dessert, it would be RICH. I mean, that’s kind of eggnog’s nature, right? Like, can anyone *really* drink a glass of eggnog without thinning it out with some milk first? I can’t.
It’s one of those desserts that you don’t need a huge piece of. It’s satisfying in every single way. That is, if you’re not on the anti-eggnog team.
Since this makes a pretty large 9×13″ pan, this is perfect for a holiday party dessert! Have a Christmas potluck coming up at work? Hosting a holiday dinner? Going to grandmas for her annual Christmas Eve get-together? This Eggnog Pudding Layer Dessert is the dessert you need to bring!
For the crust:
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
For the cream cheese layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the pudding layer:
- 3 3.3 ounce package white chocolate pudding
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 1/4 cups milk
For the whipped topping:
- 1 container Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream
- nutmeg for topping (optional)
To make the crust:
- Place Oreos in a large food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
- Add butter and pulse until combined. You may need to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Press into greased 9x13" baking dish.
To make the cream cheese layer:
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add nutmeg, eggnog, and heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Spread over crumb crust.
To make the pudding layer:
- In a large bowl, combine pudding, eggnog, and milk.
- Whisk well until it thickens, a few minutes.
- Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes so it can firm up.
- Spread Cool Whip or whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or on the image below to pin this Eggnog Pudding Layer Dessert recipe for later!