Dairy Free Lactation Cookies are perfect for breastfeeding mamas who need a cookie treat! Made with oats, brewers yeast, flaxseed, and coconut oil, these lactation cookies are lactation-boosting AND dairy free.
I’ve made countless batches of lactation cookies over the last five years, but I’ve never shared any of the recipes. Typically, I have just been making these from How Sweet Eats, or just adding a tablespoon or two of brewers yeast and flaxseed meal to my favorite oatmeal cookies. This time, however, with Emma’s tummy issues with dairy, I had to get a little creative with my recipe.
I know I’m not the only mama out there avoiding dairy for the sake of her baby, and just had to share the recipe with you!
Ingredients in Dairy Free Lactation Cookies
This lactation cookie recipe uses coconut oil instead of butter, to keep them dairy free. I also added shredded coconut for some extra coconutty flavor and chewiness.
Even though these cookies are great for breastfeeding moms, they will be loved by everyone. My husband, who usually won’t touch my lactation cookies/bars, could not keep his hands off of these! He said he loved the hint of coconut in them.
Like this recipe? Check these out too!
Dairy Free Lactation Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp brewers yeast
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
- Add the flour, oats, brewers yeast, flaxseed meal, baking soda, and salt, and mix well until combined.
- Fold in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Let the dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Scoop dough balls with a cookie scoop and place on prepared baking sheets, about 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Don't over bake! They will set up more after cooling.
- Cool completely, and enjoy!