Creamy Tomato Gnocchi Soup is an easy, six ingredient soup that is ready from start to finish in less than 30 minutes!
This post is sponsored by GO VEGGIE, as part of a long term partnership. Thank you for allowing me to share my favorite brands with you!
Even though we are nearing the end of soup season, I feel like tomato soup is in its own category. It’s lighter and made with summer produce, so let’s just declare tomato soup a year-round thing, shall we?
I’m glad you agree because this Creamy Tomato Gnocchi Soup deserves a spot at your table every month of the year. This isn’t just ANY tomato soup, after all. Nope. This is luxuriously creamy but crazy easy Creamy Tomato Gnocchi Soup. This tomato soup has only six ingredients and minimal prep work, making it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
There are two ingredients that make this creamy tomato gnocchi soup extra special. The first one is marinara sauce. I could’ve used tomato sauce, tomato paste, and herbs, but that would’ve been a few extra steps that we just didn’t need. A jar of marinara adds a ton of flavor for minimal work. I would definitely recommend splurging a little with a nice jar of marinara. It might be tempting to buy the $1.50 jar but spend a few extra bucks and I promise – it’ll be worth it! Since a lot of the flavor in this soup comes from the marinara, you want it to be a good jar!
The second is the GO VEGGIE Plain Cream Cheese. This is what makes it creamy and lucky us – it doesn’t sacrifice a ton of fat or calories. GO VEGGIE Cream Cheese has less saturated fat, less calories, and no cholesterol compared to regular cream cheese. Best yet? It doesn’t sacrifice flavor or creaminess! You won’t even know the difference. I’ve been using GO VEGGIE for years now, and I just love it as an easy and delicious way to enjoy cheese and cream cheese!
If you want proof that my boys loved this creamy tomato gnocchi soup, just visit my Instagram page, where you’ll find the cutest little picture of Soren covered in it. This was his first time eating gnocchi and it’s safe to say he loved it! He ate THREE helpings of the soup, each time holding up his plate saying “mo! mo!”
If you don’t avoid dairy or lactose, you can definitely make this soup with regular cream cheese. Either way, this soup is delicious and a new family favorite!
Like this recipe for Creamy Tomato Soup? Check these out, too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 24 ounce jar marinara - get a good kind!
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces GO VEGGIE Plain Cream Cheese
- 16 ounce package gnocchi
- fresh basil chopped, for topping
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add marinara, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth and stir well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add GO VEGGIE Plain Cream Cheese and stir well until it has melted into the mixture.
- Add gnocchi and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped basil.