Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers are lean chicken burgers with chopped bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and ranch seasoning. They’re easy to make inside on the stove, or grilled outside!
Does anyone else love the combination of cheddar cheese, bacon, and ranch?! It’s such a classic combination that can be applied to so many dishes. In fact, I’ve had my eye on this “Crack Chicken Soup” for months and need to make it ASAP! Today, though, is all about these Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers!
Not only are these chicken burgers insanely delicious, they are crazy easy to whip up. Honestly, I had the idea for them and had them plated to be photographed within 30 minutes. I did have the bacon already cooked, as I used leftover bacon from breakfast, but cooking the bacon would only add about 10 minutes!
Ingredients in Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers
Ground Chicken – lean ground chicken is used in this recipe, but I think ground turkey could work, as well!
Breadcrumbs – plain breadcrumbs OR crushed up Ritz/saltine crackers would work!
Egg – acts as a binder for the lean chicken and breadcrumbs
Ranch seasoning – I used a packet of ranch seasoning dressing mix.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese – I added the cheese to the actual burger. I also added a slice of cheddar cheese to one of the chicken burgers and I can’t say it was a terrible idea!
Bacon – a few slices of bacon are chopped up and added to the chicken burger mixture, which ensures bacon flavor throughout the entire burger.
How to Make Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers
These burgers are so simple to make. Simple combine all of the burger ingredients – ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, ranch seasoning, shredded cheese, and chopped cooked bacon, and form them into patties.
This recipe will make four large or six medium sized chicken burgers. Once they are formed into patties, they are pan-fried on the stovetop in olive oil. They take 6-7 minutes on each side, cooked over medium-high heat, until they are golden on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
These ranch chicken burgers are best served on a fluffy bun, with tomato, pickle, and ranch dressing, in my opinion. They are also delicious on top of salad greens (with some ranch dressing, of course), or on their own!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 oz packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese plus more for topping, if desired
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, ranch seasoning, cheese, and bacon and mix until combined.
- Form the mixture into four large patties. If you want them smaller, you can make six medium-sized patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties to the skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side. You want them golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Serve on a bun topped with desired toppings. Suggestions: pickles, tomato, additional cheese, and Ranch dressing.