Hmmm are you sensing a theme here? First Caprese Gnocchi last week and now Caprese Frittata. And let’s not forget about my Open Faced Caprese Sandwiches, Caprese Orzo Salad, and Caprese Arugula Salad.
I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say I’m 100% obsessed with anything that has tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil in it right now. The combination just gets me every time!
Now I’m bringing this combo of flavors into breakfast! Or brunch, if that’s more your style. Brunch USED to be my style until Lars started waking up before 6:00 every single morning. Not cool, dude. Now by the time brunch rolls around I’m ready for a second pot of coffee and a nap.
Side note: any tips or tricks on how to get toddlers to sleep in later? I’ll pay for your advice in cookies!
This Caprese Frittata is not only super delicious but also crazy easy. Like so easy you’ll think you’re forgetting something but you’re really not! That’s the great thing about “caprese” anything – the flavors are so simple but so satisfying. You could add some bacon or proscuitto if you want to meat it up a bit, but I truly didn’t think it needed anything else.
Served with some toast and jam and a (BIG) cup of coffee, this was the perfect way to start my day! Even if it was at 6:00 a.m…
Caprese FrittataPrint Rate
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in basil.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add butter over medium heat and cook until melted.
- Remove from heat and then pour in egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are golden and middle is set.
- Garnish with additional fresh basil.
- Serve and enjoy!