If you love blue cheese, these Blue Cheese Burgers are a MUST MAKE this summer! Blue cheese crumbles are folded into the ground beef for blue cheese flavor in every bite.
Burgers are one of my absolute favorite things to grill during the summer. I always love trying new burger ingredient combinations when we go to our favorite burger joint, and also recreating them at home! Blue cheese burgers are one of my go-to burger orders, since I love blue cheese. These Grilled Blue Cheese Burgers are super easy to whip up, and will be your go-to burger recipe this summer!
Ingredients in Blue Cheese Burgers
Ground Beef – I usually use 85-90% ground beef when I make burgers.
Blue Cheese Crumbles – you can use the pre-crumbled blue cheese or a brick of blue cheese and crumble it yourself. There is blue cheese in the burger mixture as well as on top for maximum blue cheese flavor!
Red Onion – finely diced red onion adds flavor and texture to these burgers.
Dijon Mustard – gives the burger a zest of flavor.
Worcestershire – I love the flavor that Worcestershire gives burgers, and I always add it to my beef burgers.
Fresh Minced Garlic – you just can’t go wrong adding garlic to burgers!
How to Make Blue Cheese Burgers
This recipe is seriously so simple. To make the burgers, you simply combine all of the ingredients – ground beef, blue cheese crumbles, dijon mustard, red onion, Worcestershire, garlic, and salt, and mix until combined. The important thing is to not over-mix it. They will be much more tender if you handle them less. If you overmix, they will end up too firm.
Divide the beef mixture into four and then form into patties. I always make an indent in the middle of my burger patties to prevent them from puffing up in the middle.
Next, preheat your grill over medium-high heat. You want the grill grates really hot when you add the burgers. I always add a bit of oil to my grates too, to prevent sticking.
Add the burgers and cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side. This will get your burgers to about medium to medium-high heat. If you want them medium-rare, cook them 4 minutes on each side. If you want them well done, do 7 minutes on each side.
To serve, place them on a bun with your preferred toppings. We like lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion, and then more blue cheese crumbles. With these burgers, no amount of blue cheese is too much!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
- 1.5 lbs ground beef, I use 90%
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, blue cheese crumbles, red onion, dijon mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, and salt. Mix until just combined, being careful to over-mix the burger meat.
- Divide the meat into four and form into patties. I like to make an indentation in the middle of my burgers so they don't puff up in the middle.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is achieved. 5-6 minutes will get the burgers to about medium. Cook another minute on each side for medium well or one less minute on each side for medium rare.
- Serve on buns topped with more blue cheese crumbles.