Need a new weekend brunch idea? Or perhaps a weekday breakfast meal prep recipe? Bacon Potato Kale Egg Casserole checks the boxes! It’s a hearty, comforting, yet healthy breakfast recipe that everyone will love.
I love making a breakfast casserole on the weekends that will give last us into the week for a couple of easy breakfasts. Unfortunately, this Bacon Potato Kale Egg Casserole isn’t one of those dishes. That’s because there were hardly any leftovers!
Between Marc, me, and the kids, we devoured this bacon and kale breakfast casserole. It is super hearty, full of flavor, and a great way to start a weekend morning!
Ingredients in Bacon Potato Kale Egg Casserole
Yukon Gold Potatoes – you could use red potatoes, too!
Dijon Mustard – my favorite ingredient in egg bakes to give them flavor!
This Bacon Potato Kale Egg Casserole is so easy to make. To start, cook the bacon in a skillet. Once the bacon is cooked, take it out of the pan and cook the onions and potatoes in the bacon grease. Add the kale at the end to cook it slightly.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dijon mustard, and salt. Add the potato/bacon/kale mixture to a baking dish along with the shredded cheese, and pour the egg mixture over the top. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. You want it slightly golden on top and cooked through!
This bacon potato kale egg casserole is so hearty and delicious. Marc enjoyed his topped with a dill hot sauce that we have and I loved it with Sriracha. It’s definitely a great vessel for hot sauce!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Bacon Potato Kale Egg Casserole
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 cups Yukon gold potatoes, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 cups chopped kale
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until your preferred doneness.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving the grease in the skillet.
- Add the onion and potatoes, cooking until the potatoes have softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the kale, and stir to combine. Cook until kale has softened and wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dijon mustard, and salt.
- Add the potato/kale mixture, chopped bacon, and shredded cheese to the baking dish.
- Top evenly with egg mixture.
- Bake in the prepared oven for 35-40 minutes, until middle has cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!