Vegetarian Teriyaki Noodles are an easy weeknight dinner, filled with veggies, and a homemade teriyaki sauce.
I’m always a sucker for a big bowl of noodles, and these Vegetarian Teriyaki Noodles are no exception! The homemade teriyaki sauce is so good and easy, and makes the noodles absolutely slurpable!
Lately I’ve been craving Asian takeout, but we’ve been trying to eat at home most of the time. I had to take matters into my own hands with these teriyaki noodles, and they totally hit the spot!
Ingredients in Vegetarian Teriyaki Noodles
The homemade teriyaki sauce is made with soy sauce (or tamari), water, brown sugar, honey, garlic, ginger, and rice vinegar. I don’t add cornstarch to mine, because I feel like it thickens up quite nicely just by cooking it in with the vegetables and noodles.
For the vegetables, I used broccoli florets, bell peppers, red cabbage, green onions, and mushrooms. Honestly, you could use whatever vegetables you prefer! I think zucchini and summer squash would be great in the summer, and snow peas, red onions, asparagus, and carrots would be perfect in the spring.
I used spaghetti noodles for the pasta. You could also use ramen noodles or angel hair!
How to Make Teriyaki Noodles with Vegetables
First, you’ll start by mixing together the ingredients for the homemade teriyaki sauce. This is helpful so it is all ready when you need it.
Next, boil the water and cook the noodles. While this is happening, you can cook the vegetables. The whole dish comes together very quickly and easily. After the vegetables are cooked, you simply add the teriyaki sauce, cook it for a couple of minutes until it has thickened slightly, and then add the noodles, tossing to combine.
Lastly, the vegetarian teriyaki noodles are topped with chopped green onions. I love the flavor that green onions add and I definitely wouldn’t skip it!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Vegetarian Teriyaki Noodles
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8-12 ounces spaghetti noodles
For the Veggies:
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups chopped red cabbage
- 3 green onions, sliced
To Make the Teriyaki:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and honey. Set aside.
To Make the Noodles:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the spaghetti noodles and cook as directed on box.
To Cook the Veggies:
- While the pasta water is heating up/noodles are cooking, cook the vegetables.
- Add oil to a large skillet.
- Add the vegetables and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the noodles and toss to combine.
- Top with sliced green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!