Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes are perfectly light and fluffy pancakes made with vanilla yogurt and are begging to be made for Sunday breakfast!
There’s something about Sunday morning’s that just call for a yummy breakfast. I’m not talking about an extra-special bowl of oatmeal…I’m talking pancakes, waffles, omelettes, bacon, eggs, the works. Lately my Sunday morning breakfast craving has been pancakes, and Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes is our go-to recipe!
Ingredients in Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
All-Purpose Flour – I use unbleached all-purpose flour for all of my baking and cooking.
Salt, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder
Greek Yogurt – I have used both vanilla and plain Greek yogurt. If you use vanilla yogurt along with vanilla extract, the pancakes will have a more pronounced vanilla flavor, which I love.
Milk – this helps thin out the batter a little bit
How to Make Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
This pancake recipe with yogurt is a very straight forward and basic recipe. You start by combining the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until *just* combined. Now, you’ll let the batter sit for about 5-10 minutes, letting bubbles form on the top.
Then you’ll heat a griddle over medium heat. This is our go-to griddle and it makes pancake mornings so much easier! I usually spray it with non-stick cooking spray and then pour the batter onto the griddle using a 1/3 cup measuring cup. The pancakes are cooked until there are bubbles forming on the top. Depending on how hot your griddle is, this could take anywhere from 2-4 minutes. Then flip, cook another couple of minutes, and transfer to a plate.
These yogurt pancakes are amazing served topped with more yogurt, drizzled with maple syrup, or whipped cream!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk, and extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, until bubbles form on the top.
- Preheat a griddle or pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Non-stick pans work best.
- Add 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake and cook for 2-4 minutes, or until bubbles form on the top. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes to cook completely.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with maple syrup, whipped cream, or yogurt.