Does anyone else struggle with lunch ideas?? Back when I was working full time, I was awesome at planning my lunches ahead of time because, well, I had to. Otherwise I would’ve had to be BFF’s with Jimmy John’s and I’d just rather not. I used to make a big batch of some sort of grain salad, like my Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad or my Moroccan Couscous Salad and eat it all week long.
These days, now that I’m home with Lars 80% of the time I am the worst at figuring out what to have for lunch. I usually scrounge up some veggies and make some sort of hash which is definitely super delicious, but it gets kind of old. Plus, I’d rather not have to turn on the stove for lunch.
It’s been a long time since I’ve turned to wraps or sandwiches for lunch, but I am totally back on that train now. I made these Turkey Avocado Club Wraps last week and we’ve been eating them every day since!
I developed this recipe for Jennie-O using their Premium Portions. Jennie-O Premium Portions Jennie-O Premium Portions are seasoned turkey breasts that are fully cooked and ready to slice and use like you would deli meat. I loved being able to slice my turkey super thin and also loved how flavorful the turkey was! I used the Oven Roasted variety in these wraps but I think the Cajun Style would be equally delicious.
While I know you all probably don’t need a recipe to make a wrap/sandwich, there is one super duper special component of these wraps that requires a recipe, and that is the Avocado Ranch. This isn’t your typical turkey club wrap that is slathered in mayo.
Instead, I made a spread with Greek yogurt, avocado, and ranch seasoning. I love making my own ranch seasoning (I use this recipe!) so I always have some on hand for recipes like this or my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.
If you’re in a lunch rut, these wraps are for you! I served them with a side of a chopped kale salad (recipe coming next week!) and a big glass of lemon water. Deeeeee-lish!
For the avocado ranch:
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
For the wraps
- ~1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked
- 1 Jennie-O Premium Portions Oven Roasted Turkey Breast thinly sliced
- 1 to mato diced
- romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4-6 large wheat tortillas
To make the avocado ranch:
- Combine all avocado ranch ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined.
To assemble the wraps:
- Spread ~2-3 tablespoons of avocado ranch on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with ~2-3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Sprinkle each wrap with 1 slice of crumbled bacon.
- Place ~4-6 slices of turkey on top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with ~1 tablespoon of diced tomatoes.
- Lay 1-2 lettuce leaves on top of the tomatoes.
- Tightly roll each wrap.
- Slice in half.
- Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Jennie-O Turkey. All opinions and recipe are my own.