Triple Chocolate Cookies are not for the faint of heart – they are PACKED with chocolate!
Are you ready for a week full of sweets?! I have three more holiday treats to share with you and one festive drink, just in time for me to shut down shop for the year. After Christmas, I’ll be taking off the remainder of the year, and will be back with a healthy noodle bowl recipe after the new year!
But before we get back into the veggies and healthy meals, let’s talk SUGAR! And chocolate. These cookies are alllllll about the chocolate. There are actually three kinds of chocolate: cocoa powder, semisweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate. They are not for the faint of heart! And definitely not for those weird people who could take or leave chocolate. These Triple Chocolate Cookies are for the die-hard chocoholics like myself.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
I made these to freeze and bring to family Christmas, and also to set out by our mailbox for the mail and postal carriers. I set out an assortment of cookies and I have to say – these Triple Chocolate Cookies were never left over by the end of the day! Well, I guess our mail people love chocolate too.
If you’re looking for a tasty and crowd-pleasing cookie to add to your cookie tray, give these Triple Chocolate Cookies a try! I think Santa will approve of them too 😉
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar and beat until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides between each egg.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add baking soda and salt, beating to combine.
- Slowly add flour, mixing on low until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons), drop cookie dough balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. The edges should be set and the centers might seem under-baked but that's ok! They will set up.
- Let cool on pans for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container. Enjoy!!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or on the image below to pin this Triple Chocolate Cookies recipe for later!