Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup is quick, easy, and CHEAP dinner…And best: delicious!
This recipe definitely covers all three bases and is one that I will definitely be making again. I adapted it from the blog of a new friend who inspired me to start my own blog after being hesitant for so long.
I met Becky from thymeforwine last weekend and I seriously felt like I was meeting a celebrity when I found out she was a food blogger. She was so sweet and encouraging about me starting a blog and I am so glad I met her! She also has a great food blog, so head on over to her site and check it out.
Oh, and make this Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup the next weeknight you are running short on time and want something fast and delicious!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 9 oz package of whole wheat cheese tortellini or any other type of tortellini you like
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 9 oz bag of baby spinach chopped
- 1 bag frozen corn
- shredded cheese for garnish
- In soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and saute until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Turn up the heat to high and bring to boil.
- Add the spices, corn, and tortellini and cook to package instructions (mine took 7 minutes).
- Finally, add the chopped spinach and serve immediately.
- Garnish with shredded cheese.