Strawberry Pudding Poke Cake is an easy dessert recipe made with strawberry cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, and Cool Whip!
Over New Years we went to the cabin for a bunch of skiing, relaxing, sauna-ing, and family time. Oh, and eating. Lots of eating! I always like to make a fun dessert when we are at the cabin and this time, it was called Death by Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake. Um, yeah. YUM! After finishing off the pan (it, sadly, didn’t take long), I couldn’t stop thinking about all of the different flavor varieties I could make of pudding poke cake. First up – Strawberry Pudding Poke Cake!
Ingredients in Strawberry Pudding Poke Cake
The cake is simply a box cake mix. In this recipe, I used strawberry cake mix for the strawberry flavor. You will likely need eggs, oil, and water to make the cake.
Next, there are a couple of packages of instant vanilla pudding mix, which is used in the pudding mixture, and the frosting. There’s also milk, Cool Whip, and sprinkles!
How to Make Strawberry Pudding Poke Cake
To start, you’ll make the strawberry cake mix. Simply follow the directions on the box! It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Next, mix together one of the pudding mixes with 2 cups of the milk. Poke a bunch of holes in the warm cake and pour the pudding all over the cake. Mmmm you can already tell it’s going to be epic, right?!
Lastly, mix together the remaining 2 cups of milk with the remaining pudding mix and Cool Whip. Spread it all over the cake, decorate with sprinkles, and then refrigerate. It needs a couple of hours to chill and set up completely, so don’t get too antsy. Once it sets up, cut into slices and enjoy!
It’s safe to say, this dessert was thoroughly enjoyed! The pudding mixture poked into the cake makes it super moist and also really flavorful. I loved the combination of the strawberry and vanilla flavors. I can’t wait to dream up another pudding poke cake flavor combination!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too:
Strawberry Pudding Poke Cake
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 4 cups milk
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding (3.4 ounces each)
- 1 container Cool Whip thawed
- sprinkles, optional
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, whisk together 2 cups of milk with one of the pudding mix in a bowl.
- Poke the warm cake with a fork 30-40 times.
- Pour the pudding mix over the warm, poked cake.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 2 cups of milk with pudding mix.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over top of cake and decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.