Nothing screams “SUMMER!” more than a fresh fruit crisp. This Strawberry Peach Crisp is filled with lightly sweetened strawberries and peaches, and topped with a dairy-free crisp topping!
I recently stopped eating dairy after a couple of weeks of fussiness and lots of gas from our new baby, Emma. Going dairy-free has been a combination of “not that hard!” and “OMG I need some cheese and butter”, depending on the day.
The hardest part of the day without dairy is definitely the evening when I’m looking for something sweet. No ice cream. No cookies. So what do I eat?! I’ve just had to get a little creative and buy dairy-free ice cream (so far Ben & Jerry’s is my favorite!!), whip up a batch of coconut oil cookies, and now this dairy-free Strawberry Peach Crisp!
How to Make Dairy Free Crisp
In a traditional crisp, the only butter is usually in the crisp topping. So the strawberry peach filling is a pretty standard combination of fresh strawberries, fresh peaches, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cornstarch. The cornstarch is definitely needed to thicken up the mixture – otherwise it will be quite runny!
While I used fresh peaches, you can use canned if you prefer. I would just rinse them under water to get rid of any excess syrup, otherwise the crisp will be much sweeter than intended. Another note about the peaches – I didn’t peel mine. If you want, feel free to peel yours but I didn’t see a need to!
In the crisp topping I used old fashioned oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and coconut oil instead of butter. The results were just as delicious!
I always love topping my crisp with vanilla ice cream and that’s how I served it to everyone else. Honestly, this strawberry peach crisp is so good it was delicious even without the ice cream! This strawberry peach crisp is definitely a summer staple!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Strawberry Peach Crisp
For the Filling:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 16 ounces strawberries stems removed and sliced
- 4 large peaches diced
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
For the Crisp:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon juice, cornstarch, and vanilla extract. Add the remaining filling ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the crisp ingredients.
- Sprinkle crisp on top of filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.