Okay, can we not even talk about the weather right now? I realize I actually am talking about the weather by saying I don’t want to talk about it, but really. That’s enough. No more.
So…uh…yeah. What’s up with you? Not much here, just dreading the snowstorm that’s coming…oh shoot! Maybe it really is impossible to live in Minnesota and not obsess over the weather. So yeah, we’re supposed to have a big snowstorm tomorrow. On April 11. It just doesn’t seem right.
Wanna know what does seem right? Baking muffins. Muffins are just so fun. These muffins are really fun. I had a craving for sweet corn muffins last weekend and these definitely hit the spot. They are slightly sweetened muffins, with the crunchy cornmeal texture that I love, speckled with chopped strawberries. Oh and I threw in some lemon zest to brighten things up a bit too. You know what? They actually remind me a lot of spring. Speaking of…I wouldn’t mind some spring-like weather right about now. Oh no…there I go again.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup finely diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan with liners or grease well with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- In large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Add cornmeal to buttermilk mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in butter and strawberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes, until tester/toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan then cool completely (or eat warm!)