spring veggie pasta with chicken sausagePrint Pin Rate
- spring veggie pasta with chicken sausage
- Spring Veggie Pasta with Chicken Sausage
- 5-6 servings
- 12 oz whole wheat penne pasta
- 5 links Gold'n Plump Parmesan Italian chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks white and light green parts sliced and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package.
- Meanwhile, while water is heating, remove chicken sausage from casings and cook in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once cooked through, remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- In same skillet, heat olive oil (there will also be a little grease from the sausage) over medium heat.
- Add leeks, season with salt and pepper, and saute for 5 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add asparagus and cook another 3-5 minutes, until the asparagus starts to soften.
- Finally, add frozen peas and cook until heated through, about 3 more minutes.
- Return sausage to skillet, then add pasta and toss to combine.
- Finally, add Parmesan cheese and toss until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!