We’re movin’ to St. Paul, MN! Yep, I’m going to be a Minnesoooootan, and I couldn’t be happier.
Last week I went to a potluck with a group of girls that have a biweekly Dinner Club. The typical Dinner Club is at a non-chain Omaha restaurant and includes various rituals including a toast to start the dinner, everyone reporting their “high” and “low” of the past week, and is signed off by doing the Dinner Club cheer. Since everyone in Dinner Club is brought together by their love of food and friends, the idea for a potluck seemed fitting.
When I go to a potluck or any celebration where everyone brings a dish, sometimes I like to bring something rich and sinful that I can eat but not end up eating the whole thing and other times I like to bring a healthier option. Since the day of the potluck was a gorgeous no-cloud-in-the-sky-60-degree day, I was craving something healthy. This salad was just right for my craving. Luck had it that it fit in perfectly as a light side dish to go along with the party potatoes, pot roast, cheese dip, and macaroni and cheese. The dressing was absolutely delicious and I just loved it with the fruit, honeyed pecans, and creamy goat cheese!
spring green salad with lime poppyseed dressingPrint Pin Rate
- For the salad:
- 1 package mixed spring greens
- 10 strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup honey roasted pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- Combine all dressing ingredients in glass jar with tight lid or salad dressing container and put lid on tight.
- Shake to mix ingredients.
- Pour over salad greens and toss to evenly distribute.