Say hello to my new favorite snack. Canned chickpeas, tossed in olive oil and spices then baked until nice and crispy. Sound a little strange? I was pretty skeptical too, but after seeing them over and over across the blog-sphere I decided as a chickpea lover, I had to them a shot. Plus, with the wedding less than four weeks away (!!!) I’m looking for healthier snacks to have on hand when my snack monster comes out. These turned out way better than I expected! Not only were they super tasty but they completely satisfied my craving for a salty snack. Give them a shot!
On another note, have you noticed it’s a little quiet around here lately? With my wedding in less than a month, crazy wedding planning has reached an all-time peak and unfortunately cooking has been pretty low on my priority list. So while posting might be a little sporadic for the next few weeks, stick with me…I’ll be back in full force this fall!
Other snack recipes you might enjoy:
Fall Trail Mix
Avocado and White Bean Dip
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Party Chex Mix
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 2 cans chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Cook in preheated oven on prepared baking sheet for 45-50 minutes, tossing every 20, until chickpeas are crispy.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Store in airtight container.