These Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls are a delicious and low-carb dinner idea for busy weeknights!
Happy Monday! How was your weekend?! It was my first weekend back to work which was good and tough at the same time. It felt good to get out of the house and have some adult time, and get back into the swing of working. Most of all, it was also really tough to leave Soren! And Lars too, of course. But much harder leaving Soren.
Luckily Marc’s parents watched the boys while we both worked, so I knew they were in great hands. And while my work days were exhausting, it was extra sweet to come home to my boy at the end of the day. Bittersweet, for sure.
Since I’m getting back into working, I’m also going to have to get back into meal prepping. I thought it was hard to get dinner cooked with one kid, but (not surprisingly) it’s even harder with two. Now there are two little bodies to hug, cuddle, feed, and play with when I get home, which means dinner needs to be quick AND easy.
Enter: these Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls.
They are ideal for meal prepping, which basically means you can make everything ahead of time and just heat up and assemble when you’re ready to eat!
So let’s break that down. To meal prep these burrito bowls, I would basically prep everything ahead of time. Drain and rinse the black beans and place them in a tupperware. Thaw out the frozen corn and place it in a tupperware. Cook and dice the chicken and (you guessed it) place it in a tupperware. I would even chop the cilantro ahead of time so you don’t have to do that the night of.
When it comes to the spaghetti squash, you could prep that ahead of time also, but it won’t be quite as tasty as it will be if you cook it the night of. If you have a little bit of time, I would roast it in the oven, using this method. If you’re short on time, the microwave works well too, using this method.
All that needs to be done to assemble is to add some cilantro and lime juice to the spaghetti squash, and top with all the fixin’s!
These Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls were DELICIOUS! They are super healthy too, and perfect for those who are watching their carbs and/or are gluten free. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito BowlsPrint Rate
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for brushing onto spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large chicken breast halves cooked and cubed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- shredded Mexican cheese
- additional cilantro for topping
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half the long way. You can cut the stem off, but be sure to keep the "bowl" of the spaghetti squash intact.
- Brush spaghetti squash with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, until the flesh is tender and easily forks into spaghetti squash noodles. Be sure to check your spaghetti squash after 45 minutes - as smaller squash will cook quicker than larger squash.
- Scrape spaghetti squash strands out of each half and place into a large bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Return spaghetti squash back into bowls, dividing evenly among the 4 halves.
- Top with chopped chicken, corn, black beans, avocado, and cheese.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and sour cream/plain Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or the image below to pin this Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe for later!