These Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls are a delicious and low-carb dinner idea for busy weeknights, full of chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado.
Spaghetti squash is such a great way to enjoy a pasta-like meal, without all of the carbohydrates and calories. We love chicken burritos in this house, especially burrito bowls, and these Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls are a great alternative. Not only are they healthier, but they are cheaper than what we would buy at Chipotle!
Since I’m getting back into working, I’m also going to have to get back into meal prepping. I thought it was hard to get dinner cooked with one kid, but (not surprisingly) it’s even harder with two. Now there are two little bodies to hug, cuddle, feed, and play with when I get home, which means dinner needs to be quick AND easy.
Enter: these Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls.
These Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls are ideal for meal prepping, which basically means you can make everything ahead of time and just heat up and assemble when you’re ready to eat!
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls
So let’s break that down. To meal prep these chicken burrito bowls, I would basically prep everything ahead of time.
Drain and rinse the black beans and place them in a tupperware.
Thaw out the frozen corn and place it in a tupperware.
Cook and dice the chicken and (you guessed it) place it in a tupperware.
I would even chop the cilantro ahead of time so you don’t have to do that the night of.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
When it comes to the spaghetti squash, you could prep that ahead of time also, but it won’t be quite as tasty as it will be if you cook it the night of. If you have a little bit of time, I would roast it in the oven, using this method. If you’re short on time, the microwave works well too, using this method.
All that needs to be done to assemble is to add some cilantro and lime juice to the spaghetti squash, and top with all the fixin’s!
These Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls were DELICIOUS! They are super healthy too, and perfect for those who are watching their carbs and/or are gluten free. Enjoy!
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for brushing onto spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large chicken breast halves cooked and cubed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- shredded Mexican cheese
- additional cilantro for topping
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half the long way. You can cut the stem off, but be sure to keep the "bowl" of the spaghetti squash intact.
- Brush spaghetti squash with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, until the flesh is tender and easily forks into spaghetti squash noodles. Be sure to check your spaghetti squash after 45 minutes - as smaller squash will cook quicker than larger squash.
- Scrape spaghetti squash strands out of each half and place into a large bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Return spaghetti squash back into bowls, dividing evenly among the 4 halves.
- Top with chopped chicken, corn, black beans, avocado, and cheese.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and sour cream/plain Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or the image below to pin this Spaghetti Squash Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe for later!