Spaghetti Meatball Casserole is made with frozen meatballs, spaghetti noodles, marinara sauce, and lots of cheese! Bonus: it can be prepped ahead of time, making spaghetti night even easier!
Spaghetti is a go-to weeknight dinner for us, as the boys love it and I don’t mind it. By that I mean, spaghetti is great but I love creating new dishes so it’s not particularly exciting for me. However, when I dreamt up this Spaghetti Meatball Casserole, I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
While spaghetti and meatballs are great, this cheesy and super comforting spaghetti casserole is way better. I also love that the entire casserole can be prepped ahead of time, making spaghetti night even easier!
Ingredients in Spaghetti Meatball Casserole
Frozen Meatballs – I love frozen meatballs as a quick and easy protein in meals and even though my boys are picky about some meats, they always love meatballs!
Marinara Sauce – quality is key here – go for a brand that’s a little pricier, like Rao’s. You will notice the difference!
Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
Make Ahead Spaghetti Casserole
This meatball and spaghetti casserole is crazy easy as it is, but you can make your weeknight even easier by prepping it all ahead of time. Simply assemble the entire casserole and instead of baking it, pop it in the refrigerator and when you’re ready to make dinner, just bake it. I would add 5-10 additional minutes to the cooking time to account for it starting cold.
Spaghetti Meatball Casserole
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles cooked to al dente
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided use
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 24 ounces marinara
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 22 ounces frozen meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the spaghetti noodles to al dente. Once cooked, rinse with cold water
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, stir together the noodles with the egg/cheese mixture and then place into a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the marinara and diced tomatoes.
- Evenly distribute meatballs on top of spaghetti noodles.
- Top with marinara/tomato mixture, and then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.