Southwestern pasta salad is full of flavor and veggies – perfect for a potluck or to bring new parents!
Is this a weird time of year to be posting a pasta salad? I mean, I suppose prime pasta salad season (i.e. summer) is pretty much over but since there are always potlucks to be had, friends to be fed, and lunches to be eaten, I’m posting this recipe anyway. Plus, it’s a GOOD one!
This Southwestern Pasta Salad is a spin off my Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad, which happens to be *the* most popular recipe from my blog. I’ll never know how a recipe with a photo that was taken with my iPhone has become so loved but what it lacks in its lackluster picture it makes up for in its taste.
So this pasta salad pretty much is just like the salad, dressing and all, except instead of lettuce, there’s pasta. We’re trading veggies for carbs. I like it.
So let’s break it down. We have pasta (whatever shape you prefer, really), peppers, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro (YUM!), green onions, and a dressing made with part mayo (I use olive oil mayo) and part Greek yogurt mixed with ranch seasoning and taco seasoning. Flavor. Explosion.
This is one of those side salads that you will be making again and again because it’s just that good. It is perfect for a potluck because it can be made a day in advance, great for making at the beginning of the week and eating for lunches, and is also such a great dish to bring to new parents or friends in need.
So pasta salad season or not, this one is definitely a must-make no matter what time of the year it is!
Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and stem removed, diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeds and stem removed, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn thawed if using frozen
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions chopped
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Let cool.
- Combine pasta with bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cilantro, and green onions.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and then combine with pasta mixture.
- Stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!