Southwestern Butternut Squash Salad is a fall-inspired southwestern salad filled with vegetables and topped with Annie’s Cowgirl Ranch Dressing!
This time of year is my favorite for so many reasons and one of them is all of the fall produce. I have a total soft spot for all of the different varieties of fall and winter squash. I love acorn, delicata, and kabocha squash varieties but my all-time favorite is the butternut squash. It’s just so versatile and delicious. I’ve used it in everything from macaroni and cheese and soup to pizza and muffins. And now – a salad!
This Southwestern Butternut Squash Salad is so perfect for autumn with the butternut squash. It’s great when you’re craving something hearty and comforting, but also on the lighter side. The roasted butternut squash is tossed with southwestern flavors like chili powder and cumin, and I had a hard time keeping my hands off of it before it went on the salad!
The rest of the salad is a base of mixed greens (I used baby arugula), black beans, corn, fresh diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, and it’s all drizzled with Annie’s Cowgirl Ranch dressing. Annie’s Cowgirl Ranch comes in organic or non-organic varieties and both are made with non-GMO ingredients, and free of preservatives, artificial colors, and artificial flavors. The southwestern flavors of the Cowgirl Ranch perfectly complemented the rest of the salad ingredients.
Annie’s dressings are found at most of our local grocery stores and all of our local co-ops! If you’re wondering if you can find it at your local store, check out the store finder here. Bonus: Annie’s dressings are on sale from October 1st – 15th at all co-ops for 2/$5 for non-organic and 2/$6 for organic dressings. I know that I will be stocking up!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Southwestern Butternut Squash Casserole from Jar of Lemons
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups mixed greens, baby spinach, or baby arugula
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Annie's Cowgirl Ranch
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the cubed butternut squash, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt, and toss to combine.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
- To assemble the salad, place a handful of mixed greens in the bottom of a salad bowl. Do this for as many salads as you are preparing.
- Top each salad with roasted butternut squash, black beans, corn, avocado, and diced tomato.
- Drizzle with Annie’s Cowgirl Ranch Dressing.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!