Oh my gosh you guys. Are you even ready for this dessert?!
I’ve been slacking a little in the dessert category lately, but I decided to hit it hard with some fun new summer desserts. I always love no-bake and ice cream recipes, and this S’Mores Ice Cream Cake is a combination of the two.
This S’Mores Ice Cream Cake is full of all of the amazing things we love about s’mores and I promise you – it’s not that difficult!
The Layers of the S’Mores Ice Cream Cake
First, there’s a graham cracker crust. I use a springform pan in this recipe to make layering this cake, as well as slicing it, much easier. So you will press the graham cracker crumb crust into the bottom of a springform pan, making it as thick and dense as possible.
Then comes the Hershey’s chocolate. I simply layered pieces from a couple of bars of Hershey’s on top of the crust. It gives the cake a little bit of a crunch from the hard chocolate in each bite that I really loved.
The next layer is an entire pint of vanilla ice cream. Yep, the whole thing. I let my ice cream containers sit out for a good 30 minutes to get them as melted but still somewhat frozen as possible. You just want a spreadable consistency so the layers are even.
On top of the vanilla ice cream goes marshmallows. Yum, yum, yum. If you’re worried about not getting that charred marshmallow flavor, don’t worry. That’s coming soon! Next up, the chocolate ice cream. Same story as the vanilla, just spread it as evenly as possible.
Lastly, the toppings. I crushed up more graham crackers, and then broiled some marshmallows for that iconic s’mores flavor. Told ya it was coming!
If you have a torch, you can definitely add the marshmallows to the top and then brown them with the torch. I don’t have one, so I just put some marshmallows on a greased baking sheet and broiled them. Worked like a charm. And lastly, some more Hershey’s bars. This dessert is not for the weak, I tell ya!
This S’mores Ice Cream Cake is perfect to whip up in advance for a BBQ or any summer gathering. It will definitely be a show-stopper and crowd pleaser!
Looking for more S’Mores recipes? Check these out!
- 11 sheets graham crackers crushed into crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 Hershey's bars cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream softened
- 3 cups mini marshmallows divided use
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream softened
- Additional Hershey's chocolate and graham cracker crumbs for topping
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until crumbs form.
- Add the sugar and melted butter, and pulse until combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and partly up the sides of a springform pan.
- Layer the Hershey's chocolate bar pieces on the bottom of the crust.
- Add the vanilla ice cream on top of the chocolate and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the marshmallows on top of the vanilla ice cream.
- Top the marshmallows with chocolate ice cream and spread out evenly.
- If using a creme brulee torch (or something like it), top the chocolate ice cream with the remaining marshmallows and torch until brown.
- If using a broiler, place marshmallows on a baking sheet lined with greased aluminum foil. Broil for 30-90 seconds, watching closely, until golden brown.
- Top chocolate ice cream with broiled marshmallows.
- Sprinkle marshmallows with graham cracker crumbs and Hershey's chocolate.
- Cover and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the springform pan, cut into slices, and enjoy!