Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs in the slow cooker are made with BBQ sauce, bell peppers, onion, and crushed pineapple – a family favorite dinner!
Are you ready for the easiest family friendly meal?! I’m talking 10 minute prep, dump it all in the slow cooker and go on with your day easy. Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs are IT and I promise you – your family is going to love you for them!
This was a new recipe that we made as part of our freezer meal prep day, and it was a big hit with our boys. They are big fans of meatballs and BBQ sauce, so I had a feeling they were going to love these sweet and sour meatballs.
Ingredients in Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Frozen Beef Meatballs – these are such a lifesaver when it comes to quick and easy meals! I love using them in my spaghetti and meatball casserole and my meatball tortellini soup, or use them in this recipe!
Bell Peppers – I used one green and one red, but orange and yellow would work, too!
Onion – I used a white onion but a red would also work! I always use whatever kind I have on hand to be resourceful and less wasteful.
BBQ Sauce – use your favorite kind! I used a new one this time and it had a bit of a kick to it, so I’ll go back to using my favorite Stubb’s next time.
Crushed Pineapple – this adds the sweetness to these sweet and sour meatballs!
How to Make Sweet and Sour Meatballs in the Slow Cooker
As I’ve said, this recipe really couldn’t be easier. First, you’ll want to chop up the bell peppers and onions. I like keeping the chunks a big bigger, as opposed to finely diced.
Next, put the meatballs, peppers, onion, BBQ sauce, and pineapple into the slow cooker. Give it a good stir and then cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. That’s it!
I served our meatballs as seen in the photos – with white rice and steamed broccoli. It was a well rounded and delicious dinner!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too:
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 22-30 ounces frozen meatballs
- 1 white onion cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1" pieces
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
For Freezer Meal:
- Add all ingredients to a large freezer ziploc bag.
- Place in freezer.
- Set in refrigerator the night before (optional, but it makes it easier to remove from the bag).
- Place in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!