Let the crock pot do the work with these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches! They are SO easy and perfect for every buffalo chicken lover!
With a new job working 10 hour days, I have a feeling slow cooker meals are going to be a very common occurance. On these upcoming busy weekdays I know I won’t want to cook dinner when I get home and crockpot buffalo chicken will surely be in our regular rotation.
Marc and I are both big fans of buffalo chicken, so we absolutely loved these buffalo chicken sandwiches.
How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
The crock pot buffalo chicken was incredibly fast to make the morning of, and simply requires combining 3/4 of the bottle of buffalo wing sauce and the ranch seasoning with the chicken breasts.
Once it’s close to dinnertime, you shred the chicken breast meat, add the remaining wing sauce and some butter (don’t skip this!!) and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes to make sure everything is nice a hot. This 30 minutes gives you plenty of time to whip up some roasted veggies, sweet potato fries, or tater tots. Obviously we went for the tots.
Other Ways to Use Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
We loved this slow cooker buffalo chicken on more than just the sandwich buns too – wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla, on top of some salad greens, and on top of tortilla chips for buffalo chicken nachos! Regardless, if you’re a fan of buffalo chicken, you will for sure love this quick and easy slow cooker meal!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Buffalo Chicken Dip from Spend with Pennies
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 oz bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tbsp ranch mix seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4-6 sandwich buns
- 4-6 slices cheddar cheese
- blue cheese dressing
- In medium bowl, combine 3/4 of the bottle of buffalo wing sauce and ranch seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour wing sauce/ranch seasoning mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts, add butter and additional wing sauce and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low another 30 minutes.
- When chicken is almost ready, pre-heat broiler.
- Place slices of cheese on bun tops and melt cheese under broiler, about 1 minute.
- Serve buffalo chicken on buns, with lettuce and topped with blue cheese dressing.