Let the slow cooker do the work with these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches! They are SO easy and perfect for every buffalo chicken lover!
Today is my last day at my current job and right now I don’t even know how to deal with all of the emotions I have. I am thrilled and beyond excited about my future and new job, but at the same time I’m really nervous and scared of all of the change that’s about to happen in my life. I’m also sad to leave my amazing co-workers who, for the past two years, have supported me, helped me grow professionally, and trusted my clinical judgment even though I was fresh out of graduate school. They’ve also been so fun to get to know and have become my second family. I don’t know what I will do without them!
Looking on the bright side, one great thing about my new job is that I will now be working four 10-hour days, which gives me another day for cooking and writing! However, with longer days working with my patients, I am going to need some quick and easy weeknight meals for when I come home hangry (a combination of hungry and angry because I’m so hungry). It’s not a pretty site.
I have a feeling slow cooker meals are going to be a very common occurance on these upcoming busy weekdays and this one will surely be in our regular rotation. Marc and I are both big fans of buffalo flavored anything, so we absolutely loved these sandwiches. It was incredibly fast to make the morning of, and simply requires combining 3/4 of the bottle of buffalo wing sauce and the ranch seasoning with the chicken. Once it’s close to dinnertime, you shred the meat, add the remaining wing sauce and some butter (don’t skip this!!) and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes to make sure everything is nice a hot. This 30 minutes gives you plenty of time to whip up some roasted veggies, sweet potato fries, or tator tots. Obviously we went for the tots.
We loved this buffalo chicken on more than just the sandwich buns too – wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla, on top of some salad greens, and on top of tortilla chips for buffalo chicken nachos! Regardless, if you’re a fan of buffalo chicken, you will for sure love this quick and easy slow cooker meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 oz bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tbsp ranch mix seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4-6 sandwich buns
- 4-6 slices cheddar cheese
- blue cheese dressing
- In medium bowl, combine 3/4 of the bottle of buffalo wing sauce and ranch seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour wing sauce/ranch seasoning mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts, add butter and additional wing sauce and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low another 30 minutes.
- When chicken is almost ready, pre-heat broiler.
- Place slices of cheese on bun tops and melt cheese under broiler, about 1 minute.
- Serve buffalo chicken on buns, with lettuce and topped with blue cheese dressing.